Monday, July 8, 2019

June Book Review

I had another good book month in June.  I really enjoyed them all and hope  you can find one or two you might enjoy.  A couple have some serious language in them and I will fairly warn you about those.

Here is what I read this month




According to a Source by Abby Stern.  Ok, first let me say if you are allergic to the F-word, you are going to want to take a benadryl before you start on this one.  Once you get past the first 3 chapters the language tones down a bit, but you've been warned.  Now the story itself is very good.  If you love stars and enjoy the whole focus on their every day goings and comings, you will probably really enjoy this one.  It not about any particular star.  It is really about a young writer who reports for a major tabloid magazine and all she goes through to "get the stories".  There's a whole lot thrown in about her romantic life, her family life and her navigating between it all.  It is a good mindless summer read.






This is Just My Face by Gabourey Sidibe.  Ok, here is one I am going to recommend you listen to rather than read if you can.  Gabourey has great delivery and timing.  She's naturally funny and quick witted.  But I really think it is her delivery of her words that makes this one so interesting.  Now I recommended you take a benadryl if you were allergic to the F-word in the review above.  I am going to recommend you take two benadryls and have an epipen on stand-by for this one.  She's a cusser. No, not a curser.  A cusser - which means she uses curse words as every part of language, verbs, subjects, conjunctions.....yep, all of them.  She is very direct and talks about some really personal stuff in this book.  This is why I think you'd enjoy it more "hearing it" rather than reading it.  There is something completely different about hearing her talk about her life.  It was not an easy life.  But wow.  I am glad I read it.  I will put it like this.....the book made me like her more.



The Accidental Beauty Queen


The Accidental Beauty Queen by Teri Wilson.  My girls gifted me with this one for my birthday.  It is a sweet little fun story.  A set of twins where one of very girly and one is very not.  A strange turn of events has them switching places......unfortunately it happens to be at a time when the girly of the two is involved in trying to win a beauty pageant.  As you can imagine everything that can go wrong....goes wrong.  It is a quick fun read.  You know how you sometimes need to cleanse your palette so you can enjoy the next bite.  Well I feel like sometimes I need to cleanse my brain.  This book is entertaining but a great brain cleanser. It is not scary, suspenseful, tragic.....just enjoyable.



The Home Edit by Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin. These two ladies have famously organized homes of many stars.  I got this book for my birthday and have devoured it.  I love being able to enjoy my current space and stuff by just getting it organized and together.  I think that is the difference most made on DIY shows.....just take the current and make it more usable, more beautiful, more accessible.  This book has some beautiful photos and great ideas.  I am working my way through a few of their tips and tricks.  I will be sure to share the results as I get them done here on the blog.  Really enjoying this book. If you enjoy organization and labeling things.....get this book.

Hope you are reading some goodies too.  I still have such a stack sitting right by my bed to work through and even more on my Amazon wish list......so many good books, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment