Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Football is back

Yay!!!!

That is totally sarcastic just in case any of you missed it.  Totally.  Like I feel that we just finished talking about playoffs and championships and who was staying in college and who was trying to go pro.....wasn't all of that just last week?

Truly this is waaaayyy to early for all this talk to start again.  Here is what I don't understand...... there are at least 324 ESPN channels so why do sports come on regular network TV?  Can't we have all of our normal shows and people who actually care about sports find it on ESPN?

So you know me, I am all about making the best of whatever the situation is.  If  you need some football alternatives, I am your girl.

Here's a quick list of things to do while other people are watching football

1) Retail - ok, you knew this was going to be on the list.  I fully support on line and brick and mortar shopping.  Might I recommend a few local shops like Vintage West and Sweet Pineapple.  Or something more traditional like Hobby Lobby which is super fun to browse this time of year.

2) Classes - Check out both Art & Soul and University Pickers class schedules. Maybe you could find a fun class to take and learn something new in the process.

3) Napping - When all else fails, grab a throw and make yourself comfy on the couch

4) Reading - Check out any of my book reviews and curl up with a good book

5) Watch some other really good TV.  There are so many good things to binge watch.  I am sure you can find something that will take you through the whole season.  I still cannot get enough of Downton Abbey, The Crown and Call the Midwife.

Now if you actually enjoy watching football, I wish you well - May your team win big and may you not talk to me about it all season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment