Friday, August 9, 2019

Then and Now

I was doing a little reflecting the other day and got a little chuckle about just how much things have changed.  It all started when I had the chance to sit down for dinner with my college roommate.  Our first conversation after hugs and pleasantries was about our gall bladders......yes, this is my life now.  It just gave me a little perspective on just how much things and I have changed.

I thought I would do a little comparison of then and now for you. This is a look at what I was doing/thinking in my 20's verses now in my 50's

In my purse:
Then I always made sure I had a chap stick, cash and a gas credit card.
Now I have my cell phone, cash and some dental floss.

In my desk drawer:
Then I always had an extra pair pantyhose because I literally wore them almost every day and who knew when one was going to get a snag.
Quick useless fact: I started working at Parisian in 1986.  The dress code was no dress could be worn without pantyhose and we could not wear open toe shoes.
Now I have Tums because who knows when digestion is a no go.

Favorite snack:
I used to eat a Klondike bar every night after dinner (about 16 weight watchers points).
Now I have 4 vanilla wafers (about 3 weight watchers points.

Favorite past time:
Then I was always seeking a good TV show and a good book.
Nothing has changed.  I still enjoy both.

What I like to read:
I read Danielle Steele like a crazy person back then.
Now I like as much variety as possible.  Just not science fiction or fantasy.  I have never been into aliens or magic.....don't think I ever will be.

What I value in a man:
I used to want a guy who was well dressed and broad chested.
Now I am happy with the one who takes out the trash and loads the dishwasher.

My bedtime:
In my 20's I was always in bed by 9:30.
Now it is more like 10:00.  I'm like a wild woman.  I realize this about myself.  I accept it.

Where I like to shop:
In my 20's I was a Parisian and Casual Corner girl.
Now I love Nordstrom and all of the TJ Maxx Company stores (Homegoods and Marshalls).

Favorite TV show:
I was obsessed with ER.  Loved it and almost became a doctor every Thursday night.
Now I love reality TV....Project Runway, Big Brother (non-celebrity edition), Amazing Race.

Friendship:
Then I wanted friends who enjoyed a good laugh, were sincere and trustworthy.
Nothing has changed......which is why I still have a lot of the same friends :) and some new ones who fill the bill.

Take a little journey down memory lane for yourself.....what has changed for you and what has stayed the same?  You just might be surprised.

Have a wonderful weekend doing whatever it is you love to do now!



No comments:

Post a Comment