Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Christmas Craft - Part 2

I hope you enjoyed the Christmas Craft idea from Monday.  If you missed it click here.  But just in case sewing is not your thing......you might enjoy what I have for you today.

Here is the thing.....I love Christmas EVERYTHING.  But you have to store all this stuff somewhere, so it is just not practical to buy everything Christmas.  However, that doesn't have to stop us from going all out.

For instance, when I shop for Christmas pillows I try to find the Pillow covers rather than actual pillows.  All year long I have 20 inch throw pillows on my couch.  So when it comes to Christmas I just zip off their cover and replace it with a Christmas cover.

Pottery Barn has a great selection.  Here are a few of the ones I have
All The Way Home Embroidered Pillow Cover
Car and Tree pillow cover

Merry Lumbar Pillow Cover
Lumbar Pillow
Hamilton Plaid Pillow Cover
Plaid Cover

Now if you like a good Homegoods shopping trip as much as I do, you can still shop there.  I search for the pillows that have a cover with a zipper.  I just donate the pillow insert and use my own pillow insert in these as well.

So essentially, I only have to store these pillow covers




which saves a lot of storage space.

Now I also have this bench on my landing

I  didn't want to have to buy a whole new cushion for it, but the bright yellow wasn't giving me a warm holiday feel.

So I went to JoAnn's and picked up this 
Soft & Minky Fleece Fabric -Dots
Minky Fleece in a bright red that would be perfect for Christmas.

I simply laid my bench cushion right down the center of the fabric


and I literally pinned it in place


We don't sit on this bench.  So I am not worried about the pins.

But now the cushion is covered in a more festive fabric and I just have to remove the fabric and store it for the off season......which will take a lot less storage space than having a whole different cushion


I added some simple pillows and now the bench is all dressed for Christmas.

Think of ways you can use what you already have.  Think about how to just give your regular things a more festive look.  You will save yourself some storage space and some money.

See you back here on Friday.





No comments:

Post a Comment