Monday, November 25, 2019

Thinking of Thanks

Here we are at the week we all think about all we have to be thankful for.....and it really is a lot.  I hope in the midst of planning menus and table settings and shopping trips and naps and all the things that will go on in the week you will have some time to sit, reflect and be thankful.

I wanted to pop in today and just share with you a few of the things I will be offering thanks for

I am so very thankful for My People.....those who get me, those who know the good and the bad and still take my calls and answer my texts, the tried and true, solid people in my life.

I am so very thankful for Praying Friends - I have some faithful, praying people in my life.  Sometimes I text them and ask for prayer for specific things.  Sometimes they know what's going on in my life and they just pray on their own.  And I know several of them just pray without any prompting at all.  They sometimes ask me to pray and it is a privilege that I don't take lightly. I am thankful for that.

I am so very thankful for Kind Words....it just absolutely means so much when someone takes the time to speak encouragement.  It doesn't have to be much.  A quick text, a simple email, a direct message on Facebook or Instagram can be all it takes.  How often do you think of someone during the day, for whatever reason they cross your mind? Well occasionally those sweet people will take a minute or two and send a message that says "thinking of you", "hope all is well", "hang in there", etc.  It is just what I need at times and I am thankful for it.

Of course, there are so many other things like my family, friends, health, jobs, provision, safety, opportunity, comfort, contentment, experiences that have made me more wise, a great Bible Study, down time, busyness, choices, rest.....and so much more.

Of course, everything is not perfect.  There are always things that I wish were different.  I think we all have those.  But THIS week in particular, I want to stay focused on all the things that are right.

This week, in particular,  I want to Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.


I am so thankful for You meeting me here to chat, to share.....I will definitely be thinking of you this week.

I hope you find time to sit alone.....to feel thankful.....to experience thankfulness to your very core.....to soak in it.....to be refreshed by it.

Talk to you Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment