Monday, November 18, 2019

Christmas Craft

Welcome to Monday!  Hope you had a great weekend.

Ok, I have just a few Christmas Crafts to show you this week......just in case you want to whip up a few over the next few weeks.

Today, I want to share this custom fabric I found at JoAnn's.  They have everything from Disney to Super Heroes to Christmas prints.  I, of course, chose Christmas prints.

Honestly, look at how cute these are

Once you select your print, you get to choose what type fabric you want....fleece, poplin, knit or even a canvas.

I selected the poplin.  I was originally going to make these little nieces and nephews pillowcases they could enjoy during the holidays.  But then I decided I would make them each a giant gift bag.  This way they can gather all their goodies at all the grandparent's homes and family parties.

The poplin fabric is 58 inches wide so I only bought one yard. The first thing I did was fold the edges under and sew all the way around every edge.  I wanted it to have a nice finished edge everywhere so I didn't have to worry about raveling.

Then I bought  this bias tape.  Make sure you get the wide single fold



I simply laid it all the way across the fabric and pinned it in place


Then I sewed it in place keeping super close to each edge


This made the perfect little casing to feed some regular ribbon through to make the drawstring

All that was left to do was to sew up each side to make the bag.

Here are the finished products

Once I threaded the ribbon through, I simply tied a little jingle bell on to each ribbon



I think they turned out super cute


There are pages and pages of personalized fabric to choose from and the possibilities are endless.  

These were very easy and only took about an hour to complete all three bags.

Personalize some fabric today and make something cute for someone!

Have a wonderful week!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment