Wednesday, November 6, 2019

October Book Review

You guys know how much I love you and I would do almost anything for you.  So I read all Christmas books in October so I could tell you about them now and you can read them leading up to the holidays.  You are so welcome......but I REALLY want to put up a tree or two now. I am in the full Christmas Spirit!

I really enjoyed all of these.  I hope you find a couple you might like

First up,

The Christmas Sisters by [Morgan, Sarah]

The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan. This is a sweet story about three adult sisters who were adopted as children.  They all reunite at their childhood home at Christmas.  Each of them is facing their own struggle and they have to decide to join together and stand behind each other or continue with the lines they've drawn in their adult lives.  The setting sounds lovely and the relationships beautifully unfold.  I enjoyed this one a lot.

 Then on to



Catching Christmas by Terri Blackstock.  In this story an innocent cab driver is summoned to give an elderly lady a ride to her doctor's appointment.  From there his daily calls turn into carting her around on various errands.  It doesn't become clear until the very end exactly what she is doing on these errands.  Just a little warning......this one has some sadness in it but I still enjoyed the story very much.  The cab driver is quite a character and has a great dry sense of humor so I enjoyed him a great deal.

and then



The Christmas Town by Donna VanLiere. A young girl who has grown up in foster care has a real desire for a family to share Christmas.  She witnesses a car accident in a neighboring town and that random incident may just make her dreams come true. Great, fun characters and one of those towns I wish were real so I could stop by the diner for lunch.

and lastly

The Christmas Wedding by [Patterson, James, DiLallo, Richard]

The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson and Richard DiLallo.  In this story a mom of four adult children tells them to show up for Christmas when she will be getting married.  The catch is she won't disclose who the groom is......not even to the groom.  So there are a few grooms hoping it is them.  The kids have their own favorites.....this whole situation is going to need some Christmas magic and that is exactly what they get.

Enjoy some great holiday themed books. Thank goodness Hallmark has started the Christmas movies because I was going to be in some serious holiday withdrawals if not.

No comments:

Post a Comment