Friday, November 1, 2019

Falling Back

Well I survived Halloween even though every television channel wanted to try to scare me.  Thank you, sweet QVC, for just continuing to sell me stuff and not scaring me at all.

But now we are headed to my favorite weekend of the year.....bring it on Fall Back.  I am here for it.  This is my weekend.  You guys know the drill.  Every bed in the house will get fresh sheets, we will go to bed early to maximize that extra hour and I will be super happy come Sunday morning.  I could be a gold medalist if Falling Back were an Olympic sport.  I am focused and intentional.  I don't let it just slip by.  I am thinking about that extra hour and relishing in it.

So here's the plan.  I am going to prep this Pioneer Woman Italian Chicken Soup
TPW_9640
photo credit: ThePioneerWoman.com

 and load up the crockpot Saturday morning.  I will get all my errands done and chores completed early in the day.....by seven o'clock I will enjoy a nice relaxing hot shower using my favorite shower tabs


Shower Tablets Relaxing Lavender, 3 OZ.- 3 Tablets of 1 OZ. Each

(Check Whole Foods, Earth Fare or Sprouts if you are looking for them locally.)

By eight o'clock I plan to be in bed with my heating pad and every magazine in my house that I haven't read, a good book and maybe a few pieces of left over Halloween candy. And don't forget there will also be new Hallmark Christmas movies to enjoy.

The key is to keep anticipating an extra hour of rest all day.  Do not make the mistake of staying up later because you "get an extra hour".  No, you have to savor it in extra down time, otherwise it won't even feel like it happened.

I hope you enjoy falling back.

I will talk to you on Monday.

Have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment