Friday, January 10, 2020

December Trunk Club Review

I received another trunk from the Nordstrom Trunk Club in December, but there was just so much going on I did not get a chance to show you.  But have no fear, I will show you today.

As a reminder, Trunk Club is a service provided by Nordstrom.  You take a little style survey and indicate looks you like and don't like.  You also set your budget for items.  You can even request what type of clothing you are interested in......work, date night, athletic, casual, etc.

A stylist shops for you and sends you the items to try on in your own home.  There is no charge for the items until  you select which you want to keep.  Then you pay for those and ship the others back with the pre-paid label.

I love to shop, but I pretty much buy the same things for myself over and over.  This has really stretched me and allowed me to try some things that I would never have picked out on my own.

Here's what I received in the December Trunk

It comes in this cute little box

With all the goodies inside


First up was this red top (sorry I can't find a link) and khaki pants


I am not a fan of fancy sleeves on me.....I just can't carry them off so I did not like the shirt but I loved the pants!

Here's a closer look at them



Then I had this sweater which I LOVED!  It is so soft and comfortable and I have worn it several times.  I paired it with the denim and black booties that also came in the trunk


Closer look at the sweater


I also really liked the jeans and the booties.  I kept the jeans but just did not need another black bootie.  So while they were cute and comfortable, I just did not need them.


Then there was this blazer.......which I loved BUT it was almost $200.......and I just couldn't.  I wanted to, but I just couldn't.


Then I had this black top and black pants.  Both were perfectly fine and if I had a holiday party or something festive to attend, I may have kept them.  But I didn't so I decided not to keep either.


But then there was this dress and these red shoes


I don't have anywhere scheduled to wear this dress, but I am going to try to get invited somewhere.  It was just a great black dress.  It fit wonderfully and I really liked it.....so I kept it!

Now for the shoes.......y'all, I need one of you to buy these shoes.  I loved them but just not the right fit on me.  But they are gorgeous.  Gorgeous!!!!!!


When I selected the items I was keeping, I commented to the stylist that I loved the blazer but just didn't want to spend that much on it.  I also told her how much I loved the red shoe but the fit wasn't quite right.  I also mentioned how I didn't care for the fancy sleeves on the red top.  She was so sweet she sent me replacement items.

She sent me this jacket
1901 Stretch Cotton Twill Blazer, Main, color, RED CHINOISE
1901 Blazer

I liked it and I kept it.  She sent me these two blouses as alternatives to the red one I did not like
VINCE CAMUTO Enchanted Floral Faux Wrap Top, Main, color, TULIP RED
Vince Camuto Enchanted Floral
VINCE CAMUTO Pool Stripe Faux Wrap Top, Main, color, CAVIAR
Vince Camuto Pool Stripe

Loved them both, especially with the blazer so they became keepers.

She sent me this replacement red shoe
FRYE Kenzie Venetian Flat, Main, color, RED LEATHER
Frye Kenzie Venetian Flat

This leather was scrumptious.  So lovely.  The fit was good, but you know how you just don't like some things on yourself.....well apparently I am just not cool enough for a smoking hot red shoe.  But look, if you can pull it off, this is a great one.


And that is a full review of my December Trunk Club experience.  I am set up to get one every 3 months so my next one will come in March and should be full of spring goodies which I am certain I will be more than ready for by then.

Maybe you have some wardrobe goals for 2020.  Well I highly recommend the Trunk Club to help you reach those goals.  If you are interested, please use my referral link to sign up.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.







No comments:

Post a Comment