Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Weekend Review

Hope you had a great weekend! Part of ours was rainy, part was windy and sunny, but all of it was longer than usual and that is the part I choose to focus on.  Since Saturday was super rainy and definitely an indoor day, I chose to make myself a nice little Valentine setting and work on getting a few things ready for Valentine's Day




Those powdered donuts and strawberry cream cheese cookies are fuel for me as I work.  By the way, those cookies are from the Publix bakery and they are delicious. The rose candles are just great ambiance and brightened a pretty gloomy day.

I got all kinds of chocolates and gummy candy and valentine cakes.  Those little jars with the red heart lids came from the Target Dollar Spot and I am filling them with candy for a couple of college care packages.



The two-pack of mugs also came from the Target dollar spot and I thought they'd be perfect for one of my favorite couples.


Each college student is getting a jar of chocolates, some heart shaped cakes and a gift card to a restaurant.

Then I put together a little gift bag for some girlfriends.



So now I have my care packages ready to mail,



My cards addressed and ready



And a few gifts ready to share

I still have a few things to still pull together, but we are well on our way.

Sunday afternoon was beautiful but still cold, my younger daughter and I took a trip to the Huntsville Museum of Art.  They are currently featuring




It is a great collection of historic African-American photos taken by famed photographer Jack Mitchell.  We used the cell phone tour feature and got quite a tour of the exhibit through our air pods.  We spent time going through the other exhibits while we were there.  If you get a chance, definitely swing by and check it out.


And then Monday morning we started the day off with the best pancakes in town at Shaggy's


Their pancakes are huge and we always split a platter.



And then we were off to drop off part of our hearts back at college......with just a few of her things





A full, lovely, long weekend.  Hope you are having a great week.  See you back on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment