Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Not the Post I had Planned

Y'all the whole Kobe Bryant thing......too much. I ,admittedly, am not a big sports fan.  There has never been a truer statement.  But I am a people fan, a relationship fan, a family fan.

Several families were devastated in this horrible accident.

 The Bryant family being the most publicly devastated.

And I am going to be real honest, I avoided a lot of the coverage.  I did not, I could not really think about it. It is just too much. Especially the kids......I can't.  You all know as much as I love to read, I generally avoid books where tough things happen to kids and I don't want to see a movie about any such thing..... I just cannot emotionally go there - even when it is someone I don't know personally.  I can't.

I wish I were stronger, but I am not.

But the first night of the coverage I saw all of these people showing up because they loved Kobe, loved who he was, what he stood for, the legacy he built in his short lifetime.  The tweets from everywhere were touching and raw.  The posts on Facebook and Instagram......the pictures.......

And here is where my heart went......did Kobe know how much he meant, the difference he made to so many, the love that obviously existed for him? Did he know that ?  I hope he did.  I really hope he did.

So I showed you a picture weeks ago, where I bought all my cards, addressed them and had them ready to mail out.

So here is what I just stayed up til midnight doing...... I just opened up every Valentine card I had ready to mail out.  I just opened every single one of those cards that I had simply signed

Love, Rhega

I opened every one of them up and wrote a personal note to each recipient because

I want them to HEAR,

I want them to KNOW,

I want them to FEEL

that they matter, that they are loved, that their presence is special and makes a difference in my life.

Is there someone who needs to hear that from you?

Today's a really good day to make it happen.

And if I haven't told you lately, I so appreciate that you take a little time out each week to meet me here, to listen to me, to share with me.  Thank you for that. You are making a difference to me and I am most grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment