Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Smiling :)

Do you know people who just naturally smile ALL THE TIME?

I can remember in 6th grade P.E. we were doing the Presidential Physical Fitness Test and so that meant several of us sat on the sideline while the teacher timed other students doing their various parts of the test.  There was a girl named Kim who smiled the enter time she was doing the Shuttle Run.....she was smiling while running.  Obviously that was such a bizarre thing to me that I still remember it to this day.

I don't think it is super natural to me.  My resting face is not a smiling one.  I can remember sitting in church one Sunday and the camera landing on me and showing me on the monitor.  I was shocked at how serious.....no smile at all..... I looked.  It was a pivotal moment for me.  I thought..... I hope that's not how people see me when they look at me.  I hope when someone mentions my name people picture me with a smile.

We went out to eat recently and there was a young man, who did not look happy. He was setting up tables for a large party.  He was methodically working through the process and doing a very nice job, but he just did not look happy.  So when he passed by our table I made a concerted effort to make eye contact and just smile at him.  Honestly, I could tell it caught him off guard and then he half smiled back.

You know what Wednesday is......a really good day to smile more.

Who knows maybe it will make a difference to someone.....sure can't hurt.

Have a great cheerful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment