Monday, March 16, 2020

Perspective....

Are you on reset?  I am totally on reset.  So many of my past times revolve around retail.  Even when I am not buying I truly enjoy just walking around various stores and seeing what is new, getting ideas for how to use the stuff I already have, I just enjoy stores.

I also enjoy crafting which, of course, involves me going to stores for various materials.

You guys know I even enjoy a grocery store run.....it's one of my favorite things to do.

All that said to say I am totally having to reset my spare time.

I think we all are.  It is a bizarre time, but we can totally do it. 

So maybe make a list that starts with

I wish I had time to:

and fill it in.  Some of the things you come up with are not going to be doable or advisable at this time as we are supposed to be staying put.  But I bet there are things that we can do

So here's a look at my list

I wish I had time to:

1) Exercise (ok, I actually hate exercise but I always use time as the excuse) - but there are all kinds of Youtube videos and exerices on line.....so this is doable

2) Sew - instead of buying tuna maybe I should have purchased myself some fabric, but I am pretty sure there are some scraps around here that I might could utilize in some way

3) Read - yes....that stack of books by my nightstand.  I am on it.

4) Do something for others......I am not sure how I am going to execute this one yet, maybe there is something I can be doing now that will be of benefit to someone when all of this settles down.  In our virtual church service yesterday, we were reminded of how isolation can lead to depression for lots of people so at a minimum, maybe we could all reach out and check on someone and let them know we are thinking of them......Oddly enough these phones we all carry around can do more than text and scroll social media - we can actually call people.  I know.  Totally bizarre, right?


Now if none of that strikes your fancy, here are some other homebound activities

- finally get rid of all those old makeup and skincare products
- seriously purge your clothing and shoes
- that linen closet......maybe it could use some organizing and purging too
- update your Christmas card list.....you'll be glad in a few months
- that one drawer in the kitchen, you know the one, organize it
- mend those clothing items that you are not wearing because the button is missing, the belt loop needs repairing, the sock has a hole in it
- we've pulled out a puzzle and have that going on the kitchen table

Right now I am off to spend some time on Pinterest to find some things to occupy my mind and time.

Hang in there! And for sure let me know if you come up with some fun way to pass the time!

Granted it will be an odd week, but it can still be a good one.

Remember our worship focus for the month


if you need to be reminded of how important it is to praise God even in the tough times, read Acts 16 and how Paul and Silas worshipped in some of their toughest times.  Great thing for us to do too!

1 comment:

  1. Love these ideas! I enjoy writing letters. So I’m thinking of people homebound that might enjoy some mail. Plus someone on FB suggested sending mail to nursing homes/assisted living. They are not getting visitors.

    ReplyDelete