Friday, May 8, 2020

Kitchen Dreams

I have been cooking three meals a day which means I've been bonding with my kitchen and we may be having a little tiff.  There are things I love about it and things I want to change.

I am not sure what my cabinet color is, but I am pretty sure I am stuck with it.  I mean the whole idea of painting my cabinets makes my tummy hurt.  Although I would not necessarily be opposed to hiring someone to paint them, but even that thought is a bit much.

If money, time, or convenience were not a factor I would like to

redo the floors
redo the layout
get a double oven
change out the cabinet color
new countertops
new backsplash
and paint

ok, a total makeover.  None of that is going to happen. But what could I make happen?

Here's a look at the overall kitchen

and another view


and here is where I think my real trouble spot is.  This raised bar area


I kind of want to take it down to the same height as the counters and make one big flat counter area that we could still sit at

like this inspiration photo
studiomcgee_untitledproject_032.jpg
photo credit: Studio McGee
But part of it overlaps into the greatroom....so I can't figure out how to make that work.

I am officially open for any ideas.  I really want lighter countertops that are more uniform in color.  A simpler, cleaner look. Also, should I loose some upper cabinet doors? should I get glass in some of the doors? 

Give me any ideas and advice you have.....if your kitchen is what I am looking for send me a picture and the name of your contractor ;)

Have a wonderful weekend.  See you back on Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment