Monday, May 18, 2020

Peloton

At the beginning of the quarantine everyone started doing two things.....baking bread AND ordering Pelotons.  We jumped on both of those trains.  Let me tell you if you are going to bake bread, you'd better figure out a way to exercise.

When we first ordered our bike they estimated it might be August when we received it......it came the next week.  They normally come in, get it connected to the internet and make sure all the set up is done for you.  With all the restrictions in place they pulled up to our house, grabbed it out of the back of a truck and set it on our front porch.  No worries, we have children....built in tech support.


Peloton® | Shop the Peloton Bike
Peloton

The girls had it up and running within 20 minutes. We all have our own profile so the bike keeps up with who is riding, our favorite instructors and what progress we are making


They offer all kinds of packages the most basic being the bike, set-up and a 1 year warranty.  You should choose your package based on how many people in your home will be riding and how many pairs of shoes you will need.  The shoes clip into the pedals so you are going to need them.



I gotta tell you the seat just about took me out.  I didn't think I was going to be able to handle it so we also ordered
Zacro Gel Seat
The extra padding definitely helped.  They also recommended you put a mat under the bike to protect the flooring so we also ordered this
Kinetic Trainer Mat
Floor Mat

I road like this for about a week but I needed some additional padding and my family was kind enough to get me some padded bike shorts for Mother's Day
view number 1
Canari Padded Bike Shorts
If I can advise one thing.....GET THE PADDED SHORTS!!!!!!

Ok, now let me tell you about the ride.  You all already know.  I don't like exercise.  I don't feel energized or motivated from it.  I have never experienced that adrenaline surge nor ever gotten into the zone.  But I know it is good for me so just like broccoli.....I have it in my life.

Here's what I like about the Peloton experience
1) It is quiet, very quiet.  So we all can pretty much ride at any time without disturbing anyone else in the house.

2) It is very convenient.  Really, there's no excuse.  It is RIGHT there.

3) Variety - there are live classes, there are on demand classes, there are tons of different exercise lengths to choose anything from 10 minutes to 90 minutes.  Plus there are scenic rides.  I really love the scenic rides.  You can choose national parks, all parts of the world, bike trails, street rides, you name it.  I have taken a ride in Australia and China and several US National Parks.



4) Community - You can always see who is doing the class or ride you are also doing.  I don't know why but it somehow helps to know others are there with you, pushing through, getting it done.

5) Not just cycling - there are also other classes you can take, stretching, arms, yoga, core and other strength classes.  I have tried a couple of three of those and like them too.

When you are doing something you don't really love it helps to have variety.  So far it is at least holding my attention. And I am riding quite a bit more than even I anticipated I would.

This class almost took me out

This is Alex and he doesn't play around.  He's one of the kid's favorites and that should have been my warning that he was going to be tough.


Hopefully I can keep it up.

Have a wonderful week!!!!


2 comments:

  1. okay I am movtivated now! Peloton just might have another interested customer. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever decide, let me know and I will send you our referral code and you'll get a little discount.

    ReplyDelete