Monday, January 8, 2018

December Book Review

Here are the books I managed to read in December.  One of my beloved British tales, the start of a new series and a sweet Christmas story.

First up.....to Britain we go.....

The Distant Hours


I discovered I loved Kate Morton when I read The Secret Keeper.  I love a good British tale.  This one did not disappoint.  There are so many twists and turns and surprises in the book......things I couldn't figure out until the very end.  I must admit that I had to push through the 1st chapter.  It took it a little bit for the set up to occur but I was confident in Kate and stayed with it.  It was worth it.  There is a little suspense, drama and a tad of humor.  Cleverly written and worth the read.




My friend Suzanne recommended these books to me.  There are 17 of them.  Yay....double Yay!!!  She said I could start with eleven and pick up from there.  I just couldn't do it.  Suzanne always has good recommendations and I love a good series so I started with number one.  I am glad I did.  I think I will read all 17 of these.  I loved it.  Now it has some tough topics and events in it but the story is fascinating.  It has drama, supspense, love, loss and a little bit of everything you can imagine. More of these will be showing up here.  Go ahead and get started and let's read these 17 together.



Beautiful Star of Bethlehem was gifted to me for Christmas.  I started reading it the night I opened it.  It was not what I expected but very good all the same.  From the title I assumed it would be some inspirational story about arriving in Bethlehem.  Well no.  It is about the complete uprooting of a family and everything they know and all of this happens at Christmas.  It gave me such an appreciation for family and the blessing it was to spend the holiday time with them.  Put this one on your list.  I think you will like it as much as I did.

If you read any of these, let me know what you think.  And, of course, let me know what good things you are reading.

Don't forget choose your word for the year AND join me in doing the Great Things in '18 Challenge!

See you back on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment