Wednesday, January 17, 2018

I Heart PBS

Ever since I watched and became obsessed with Downton Abbey I have gravitated to PBS and all their great series.

If you are interested in what is premiering on Masterpiece Theater you can click here.  There are some good ones on the list....Little Women and a new series Unforgotten which promises to be better than just a murder mystery.

PBS- Little Women

PBS - Unforgotten

PBS also announced some other things that I am totally excited about.  I think I have mentioned before how I really love Ann Curry.  I was personally offended when she was removed from the TODAY show.  In fact, I don't watch it anymore.  Ann was sweet, very genuine and I would totally call her up for lunch if I had her number and if she would actually take my call.  Well I am so excited that Ann has a show coming next week on PBS.  Here is what PBS has to say about it

......the debut of the new series WE’LL MEET AGAIN (Tuesdays, January 23-February 27) with Ann Curry, which explores some of history’s most dramatic events through the personal stories of those who experienced them, reuniting people whose lives intersected at pivotal moments ......
PBS - We'll Meet Again


Oh yes, I will meet you there, Ann.  This is right up Ann's alley and I can't wait to tune in. Series begins Tuesday January 23rd at 7:00 CST.

Also, if you love books and reading like I do, mark your calendars for May 22nd when PBS will kick off The Great American Read.  Here is how PBS describes this show

This Series will examine the power, passion and joy of reading, gauged through America’s 100 best-loved books chosen by the public. The multi-part series features reflections from everyday Americans, as well as figures in the entertainment, sports, news and literary worlds, culminating in the first national vote to choose “America’s Best-Loved Book.

That's right a vote about a book....yes, I am in.  I think it will be fun.  People have very different tastes as far as books are concerned so this should be interesting.

On February 5th Independent Lens will feature  “Winnie”  described by PBS as .......Exploring the life of Winnie Mandela and her struggle to bring down apartheid, with intimate insights from those closest to her and testimony from the enemies who sought to extinguish her radical capacity to shake up the order of things. I am setting my DVR for this one too.

I watched Season 1 of  The Crown and loved it.  When they announced Season 2, I made a deliberate decision to wait until the season was over and then binge watch it on Netflix.  Well it is all done.  So now I just need to find 9-10 hours to knock it out.  I see some serious time on the couch under a throw in my future.

If you've not tried one of these PBS series, I encourage you to give one a spin.  A good television series is akin to a good book.  I totally get into a well written, ongoing story line.

Let me know what you have loved and I may have missed.  I do enjoy a good recommendation.....and I am still missing Downton Abbey so I need a good replacement.

Now I am going to go check my phone for the 1000th time in the last 3 days because honestly when we are not at work I have no idea what day it is and this marathon snow break is totally confusing me.

Stay warm and safe.  I will talk to you on Friday.

Oh and as a reminder January will officially end in two weeks so if you haven't completed The Great Things in '18 challenge for this month, you might want to get on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment