Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Word for the Year

Ok, here we are ready to begin a brand new year.  What do you want this year to be about? What word would you like to focus on this year?  Here a few options to get you thinking followed by some particular areas of focus.  For example, your word could be

Healing..... and maybe you need that physically or in relationships
or here are some other ideas
Joy.....internal or spreading to others
Words....careful in speaking but not holding back on those needed
Peace....end of criticism, simply smiling
Grace....for yourself and others
Organized....home, work, schedule, closet?
Cooking....so many meals per week, less meat more veggies
Finances....living on a budget, saving, giving
Exercise....you'll have to fill in options here....I can't think of any
Preparation.....plan ahead for the week, for meals, for what to wear to work
Focus....no multitasking, one thing at a time, paying attention
Love....speaking it, showing it, accepting it
Growth.....learning a new skill, spending time in devotion
Purge.....simplify clothing, clutter, closets

And there are so many other option
Prayer
Journaling
Sleep
Cleaning
Giving

I know you can think of same great ones too.  My word for the year is going to be Intentional......yes, it is my word most years.  I have to remind myself to make time count, to make words count, to make others count.....to simply pay attention and do something that matters.  So I have planned something for each month to try to make this happen.  On Friday I will share it with you and invite you to journey along with me.  I think it will be fun.  I hope you will join me.

Now here is a little tip to help us all stay focused on our words.  These crayola window markers are what I have and I have used them on my mirrors.  Now they are not super vibrant and they washed off my mirrors easily but you should definitely do a little test area especially if it is an expensive mirror that you don't want to take a chance on.  Also, if you are going to write your word for the year...you might periodically clean it off and re-write it just so after a year you don't find you have a left a shadow on your mirror after cleaning.

Crayola; Washable Window Markers; Art Tools; 8 Different Colors; Bright, Bold Colors; Works on All Glass Surfaces
Crayola 
I have not tried these but they have good reviews on Amazon so read about them and you might like them better.
Chalktastic
Or you could always write your word on a piece of paper and stick it various places like your mirror,  your office, your car.

What's your year going to be about? What is your word for 2018?

Don't forget to meet me back on Friday and I hope you'll enjoy the little challenge I have planned for this year.  All the details on Friday....see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment