Wednesday, July 18, 2018

June Books

I got four very different books read in June.  So hopefully, you will find one or two that you might enjoy.



The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand. Once again Elin does not disappoint.  A set of twins has a very volatile relationship which discovering how they got to this point is very interesting.  They each think the other has the upper hand in life and a life changing event brings them to the point of switching places.  They both grow and learn about themselves and the other twin.  One of my favorite things about this book is that one twin lives on Nantucket and one lives on Martha's Vineyard so we get a good dose of both islands in this one.  I always enjoy these books and I think you will too. Definitely a good beach read.

Say You're Sorry (Morgan Dane Book 1) by [Leigh, Melinda]

Say You're Sorry by Melinda Leigh.  This is not a beach read....unless you like a little violence, suspense and danger with your sand.  While facing the loss of her soldier husband, Morgan Dane faces her most dangerous and personal case yet. As you read you will wonder if she is on the right side of the law, will she solve this tough case and will she survive.  Enjoyable page turner but not a fluffy read.



Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham.  I did not watch Gilmore Girls or Parenthood but I almost can't resist a good memoir.  This is probably better if you have watched some of her work because she refers to several episodes and characters that I did not have the basis for.  Nonetheless, I enjoyed it.  It is the perfect little book if you just need something quick, where you don't get sucked deepley into a bunch  of characters and plot lines......actually, I think this would be good on the beach or better yet a good airplane read.



Perennials by Julie Cantrell. This is a really sweet story about a family of four, the dynamics of sisters and the wonkiness that happens in every family no matter who you are.  Now let me say, if you have a sister like the one depicted here......I am very sorry.....you should treat yourself to a massage .....on a beach....in the tropics.....far, far away.  There is romance, disaster, beautiful love and heartbreak.  Yes, it is all in this little book.  I wouldn't classify it as a light read but not a heavy read either.  It is kind of a medium read, yes, let's go with that.  I enjoyed it.

Hope you are getting into some good reads too.  I still have such a stack to get through.  I feel like I add two books to my stack for every one I get read.....so many books so little time.

Let me know if you have some recommendations for me. I can almost see over my stack.....and that is never a good thing.

Talk to you on Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Have you watched Baked in Vermont on Food Network? Sandra Bullock's sister, Gesine Prado, bakes amazing things and she's hilarious! She has a memior, "My Life From Scratch" that I want to read. I imagine it's great!

    Also, have your read Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond's memoir, "Black Heels to Tracker Wheels"? It's HILARIOUS! I have it if you want to borrow it.

    Also...check out thriftbooks.com if you want to grab some used books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Baked in Vermont show and will have to check out her memior. I did not know that was Sandra Bullock's sister. And yes I love the Pioneer Woman's memoir. You are right. It is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete