Monday, July 16, 2018

Things I Love Part V AND Nordstrom Sale


So today I have just a couple of birthday gifts that I received to show you today.  Remember if you want to see the other posts in this series you can click below

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV

But today I wanted to show you these two notebooks.  I love notebooks.  I am always taking note of this or that and feel I always need a couple at my disposal.  The first one is a little notebook that I now keep in my purse.  In it I write down reminders to myself, call so and so, pick up this or that, don't forget this important date, and sometimes prayer requests that I need to add to my list.....I know what you are thinking, you use your phone for such things.  Well you just go right ahead.  I find when I actually write something down I am 10 times more likely to actually remember to take care of it.  Ok, that is not scientific, but I know this about myself.  I don't try to remember anything in my phone.....hence why I don't know anyone's phone number by heart anymore.  If it is in my phone, it is not in my head.  So I love this little notebook.


It is from Sweet Pineapple on Airport Road.  It has a great quote on it and is the perfect size for my purse.


The second notebook has BIG SALE on it.  If you remember, I did a blog post on these little passport books, you can read it here.  Well I mentioned they should have one for sales.....because those are my shining moments, those are things I need to record.  A sweet friend had this one made for me at Mark and Graham.


How cute is that?

And I got to record our epic finds at this year's Nordstrom sale.  I have a few or 1,000 to show you today.  If you follow the blog on instagram (and you totally should), you may have seen a few of these things posted there on Friday, but here we go

We headed to Nashville Friday morning around 8:00 we arrived at Nordstrom about 9:30, did a few stretches and readied ourselves to go in and shop hard.


We started in shoes, then did accessories, jewelry, intimate apparel, athletic, beauty, one section of women's, had lunch, finished women's, did men's, kids and then the home section.  The end result looked like this

and here's a few things that were in all those bags





I love the cardigan and there a several color options. I am wearing a medium. The long sleeve tee is just a great basic that I always stock up on for layering. I am also wearing a medium. The jeans are not a part of the anniversary sale but are still a great price.  I already owned them in a size 29. The booties come in 3 colors.  I chose this color they call denim.  I think it is a blue gray and it happens to be one color I did not own.  They are super comfortable and run true to size.  Here is a close up of the bootie.
Wyoming Bootie,
                        Main,
                        color, Denim Blue Leather
Sofft Bootie

Here is the same sweater with a new layering top and a black dress pant.



You can see the cardigan will transition great for casual and work wear.  The pants come in this solid black and a widow pane plaid.  And I am seriously considering getting a few more of this little shells.  Let me show you it to you up close

Mock Neck Shell Top,
                        Main,
                        color, Ivory Cloud

It has a small zipper in the back so you can get it over your head without destroying your hair or getting make-up everywhere.

And here is a close up look at the handbag



Four color options in the handbag. It is great for crossbodying when you need to.

Then I picked up a couple of little sweaters 


 I am wearing a medium in the Touve sweater and would say it runs true to size.



This sweater ran a little large so I ended up getting a small in it.  Those are the same jeans and tee from above.  But I am wearing a shoe that I haven't shown you yet. So here is a close up

Milana II Moc Toe Flat,
                        Main,
                        color, Charcoal Nubuck
Ugg Moc

This shoes comes in 4 colors.  I chose the charcoal.  There is not a more comfortable shoe.  Runs true to size.


And a close up of this sneaker

Sidney Sneaker,
                        Main,
                        color, Slate Fabric
Ugg Sidney Sneaker
Three color options are available in this light weight sneaker.  I went with this olive color.

Here's another pair of jeans we picked up with a fun mule.....which apparently is very on trend this year



And a different cardigan, same layering tee with a tie front pant with another trendy mule


Let me show you those mules up close

Violet Mule,
                        Main,
                        color, Rust Suede
Halogen Mule

There are three solid color option in the mules but there is also a leopard option you can check out.

Hang in there, we are almost done.  These ponte knit pants are great and run true to size.


Face it, you are going to need a wide leg pant.  Here is a corduroy option and don't miss the platform converse.  Super cute!!!


The next pant brand was new to us but we absolutely loved it.



Let me just say, I don't know who these two girls got their retail training from......but they can rock a sale.  They made the day so fun helping each other and everyone else choose pieces, fetching other sizes and working a sale rack like a professional.  They make me proud!!!

A few more miscellaneous pieces we picked up






Oh and here may be where the retail training came from




Mom found this super cute pant and jacket and I got one more casual outfit.  I kept thinking we might have this backwards.  The retired person bought the professional suit and the person still working got play clothes......who am I kidding?  This is who we have always been.  We might as well own it.

Ok, friends, you made it.  That is the end of the haul.  I hate to tell you but we are expecting a dozen or so packages to be delivered also.  For that reason I will be sitting out Amazon Prime Day which starts today.  But don't let that stop you.  I hope you find some great deals and I hope that you tell me all about them.  After all the next best thing to shopping is shopping vicariously through your friends.

The Nordstrom Sale goes public on July 20th.  

Make it a great week!!!!






2 comments:

  1. You four ladies are gorgeous! You can wear a Kroger bag and make it look beautiful!! Thinking maybe you should contact Nordstrom and see if they need some online models??? :)

    ReplyDelete