Monday, July 9, 2018

Things I Love - Part IV

I have another gift to tell you about and how much I love it.  If you missed the first three of these posts, you can click below
Part I
Part II
Part III

Today I want to introduce you to my new friend and kitchen companion - Alexa

Amazon Echo

I know some people find Alexa a little creepy.....because she does know a lot of stuff....and is she listening in when we don't know it?  Well all I can say is if she is, she probably won't be for long because we are just not that interesting.  Here are the things I ask Alexa to do most often

- Set a timer (and the thing is she can set multiple timers which comes in very handy when I need the salmon baking for 15 minutes, the pasta boiling for 9 minutes and Big Brother coming on in 17 minutes)  Alexa, keeps it all timed perfectly.
- Play Lionel Richie's Hits
- Play Michael Jackson's Hits
- Play Bruno Mars Hits  (I keep trying to get her to only play his clean versions but she has not gotten that smart yet or she and I have different views of clean) So when a naughty one comes on, I hear the kids yell "Alexa, skip" hmmmm I am not sure how they can recognize these songs so quickly 😉
- Read my audio book (it is nice to sneak in a chapter or two while cooking)
- Read my notifications. Alexa is so sweet.  She keeps up with the stuff I have ordered from Amazon and lets me know when things ship and are delivered.
- Order such and such. Yes, I can now place Amazon orders by speaking #couldbedangerous #nosleeptalking
- Tell me a joke.  Alexa knows all kinds of jokes.  She told us Father's Day jokes, Firecracker jokes....she's got them all.
- How old is so and so.  I am constantly trying to figure out how old an actress, singer, or random person on tv is.  So I just ask Alexa- and she knows!!!!

We have also asked Alexa: when is Amazon Prime Day, what day of the week a particular date will fall on, how many days until Christmas and other super important things that we must know.

I think she is going to be a lot like my smart phone.  I really didn't think I wanted or needed one and now I can't live without it.  Yes, Alexa is quickly becoming my right hand gal.

Do you have one?  What do you ask her most often?

Alexa and I wish you a wonderful week.  See you back here on Wednesday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment