Wednesday, February 6, 2019

February - Heart health month

Just a reminder today, ladies, to take care of yourself. We are periodically reminded of how precious life is and for awhile we all pay a little more attention.  Well let's see if we can be a little more vigilant about our health.  You know.....consistently paying attention.

While grocery shopping the other day I felt like my foot was numb.....I was like wait a minute....what's going on here and I literally stopped on the soup aisle, took off my shoe, wiggled my toes and got the feeling back.....so it turns out I had my converse tied too tight.  Good news, that was an easy fix!  But here is the thing.  We have to pay attention to our bodies.  We have to address any issues that come up immediately.  We have to insist on satisfactory answers to our medical questions.  No one, absolutely, no one knows your body like you do.  If you feel something is off, out of whack, get yourself somewhere and get it addressed.

So this month is heart health month and of course eating right and moving more is a great help to your heart.  Food Network has a whole section on heart healthy recipes.  Click here to see them.  This month maybe just try one or two a week.

One of the main ways to help your heart is to reduce your salt intake.  This would be a great month to experiment with other seasonings and leave that salt shaker behind.  Click here for a list of sodium free seasonings you might want to check out. I've not ordered from this company but they sure sound good.

This set is available on Amazon and has pretty good reviews

6-Pack Family Collection - 6 Seasonings + Cookbook = BIG Savings - Salt Free, Sugar Free, Gluten Free, No Potassium Chloride, No Msg, No Preservatives - Healthy Cooking & Flavorful Eating
Set of Six Salt free Seasonings

But also check your local grocery store spice aisle......there are some good ones there too.

Also, remember The Heart Center will do a Vascular Screening for only $99This screening will check for aorta enlargement, blockages that could lead to a stroke, arterial blood flow to the legs and check your Blood Pressure. 

    Now about this whole moving more.......what can I tell you.....give it a try.  I am new to the Apple Watch world and it periodically tells me to stand and to move which I appreciate.  I'll take the encouragement from wherever I can get it.  There are also all kinds of apps you can look into that will help  you get moving.

    Small adjustments in our lifestyle can really make a difference.  Take care of yourself!

    Meet me back here on Friday for some Valentine ideas.  See you then.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment