Friday, February 22, 2019

Oscar Gifts for the Actresses

I love watching the Oscars even though I have not seen any of the movies they will talk about.  I don't go to the movies much, but I do rather enjoy watching all the dresses and hair and such.  I also like to hear about all the movies that I may eventually watch.  In honor of the big show on Sunday I have a few things for you today.  I usually do a post about the movies that are nominated for best film.....but they were too hard this year.....I just couldn't find a complimentary retail item for some of them.  So we are going with the BEST ACTRESS category.   After all each one of us at one time or another could have won in this category. I've included the movie trailer for each just in case you are like me and clueless about some of the movies.

First up, Roma


This movie chronicles a tumultuous year in the life of a middle class family in Mexico City in the early 1970's.  Yalitza Aparicio is nominated for her role as a domestic worker named Cleo.
I thought if I could buy her a little something, just as a special treat for her what would it be.  Well I have only seen the trailer but, she is hustling through the whole thing.  So here is what I would buy for her

X-Large Heating Pad
Picture yourself under this warm little beauty every evening, Ms. Cleo......Every night I plug in my heating pad and put it between the sheets.  Then I take a shower and climb into a toasty bed.  I then move the heating pad up to my shoulders while I read or watch tv or scroll thru instagram.  After all Cleo has going on this movie, I think she would find this quite a nice treat.

Next up, is Melissa McCarthy as Lee Israel in Can you Ever Forgive Me.  

The trailer told me two things about Lee Israel: 1) she needs a hug and 2) she needs a better cardigan.  I've got the perfect thing for her
BAREFOOT DREAMS<SUP>®</SUP> Cliffside Circle Wrap, Main, color, LODEN/ CARBON
Barefoot Dreams Circle Wrap
It's the cardigan that feels like a hug....you are welcome, Ms. Israel.

Now onto Olivia Colman who plays Queen Anne in The Favourite....

ok I understand this one may really push the limits as far as explicit scenes....so I probably won't actually see this one.  However, I will give her a pretend gift too. Based on what I heard about the movie I started to just buy her a devotional.....but instead I decided she might need a hobby. Maybe something to keep her busy, past the time with some positivity -  so she gets my favorite pens
Point 88 Fineliner Pens 0.4m 30 color wallet set
Stabilo Pens
and a nice coloring book
Coloring Book

Maybe these can become her favourites.....ha, see what I did there? ok moving on.......

Glenn Close is nominated for her role as Joan in The Wife.

Now I am a Glenn Close fan.  I think she has just aged beautifully.  But this pretend gift is not for her.  It is for her character Joan.  And here is what I would select for her
ARGENTO VIVO Round Moonstone Pendant Necklace, Alternate, color, MOONSTONE/ GOLD
Moonstone Pendant

It is subtle, it is elegant and it is on sale.  I think Joan would love it......and maybe you too.

Lastly, Lady Gaga as Ally in a Star is Born

Wow this was a tough one......what to get Ally?  Ally is tough, has a rocking voice but seems to question herself.
And I feel like with a little lip gloss and this
Bsubseach Women Beachwear Turkish Kaftans Long Swimsuit Cover up Caftan Beach Dress
Kaftan

her self-esteem is going to sky rocket.  Wear it with confidence, Ally. And it is a great swimsuit cover which she will need because she's 'far from the shallow now".

I hope you enjoy the Oscars.  Gift giving is one of my favorite things, but I gotta be honest I can't believe I just spent two hours watching these movie trailers and picking out pretend gifts.

Have a great weekend! Meet you back here on Monday!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment