Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Preparing for Easter and Lent

2019 is in danger of getting a ticket.  I mean it is definitely going way too fast.  I can't believe we are already talking about Easter and Lent.  Don't let them sneak up on you, girls.

Easter is Sunday, April 21st

so

Lent will begin on Wednesday, March 6th

I love Easter and always want to be focused leading up to it.  So I usually try to do something for the Lent period.  It is good to have something constantly taking my mind and thoughts back to the meaning of Easter.  I usually try to add something and I usually try to give up something

Ideas to add could be - an additional dedicated time of prayer each day, a set amount of time to do some Bible reading each day, praying for one particular person or situation each day or you could add something like drinking a certain amount of water each day, walking 20 minutes each day, completing some household chore every day

Ideas to give up could be - complaining, criticizing, hitting the snooze button, sodas, fried foods, social media, television, shopping, listening to music

I try to choose something that will be challenging to me, something that brings me to prayer each time I think of it.  Whatever that is in your life......prayerfully consider adding or giving it up, whichever applies in your case.

So we have a little time before March 6th but start thinking now so you will be ready.

Also in preparation for Easter Celebration check out the new Easter Advent Banner

One side has a countdown of 40 days leading up to Easter, the reverse side celebrates Easter Day and His Resurrection
Easter Banner

While you are counting down you can use this calendar that comes with it


This calendar gives you a very short story to read each week of Lent, then a verse with 1-3 questions to read each day. It is a 5 minute devotion to go with each day of the countdown.

I have an older version of this banner that I have had for several years.  It is a very good quality and I always enjoy pulling it out each year.  Now is the time to order one for your home so you will have it in plenty of time.

See you back on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment