Friday, February 1, 2019

Super Bowl!

Have you chosen your team for the super bowl yet? Will you actually be cheering for any particular team or just there for the snacks and commercials?

I usually pick my team by who has the best team colors.....but this year I feel both are kind of blah.

So if you need help choosing who to cheer for here are some data points to consider

Coaches: The Rams coach 33-year-old Sean McVay vs. the 66 year old Bill Belichick Patriots coach.


Quarterbacks:
refer to caption
 Patriots, Tom Brady is 41 years old

compared to

refer to caption
Rams, Jaren Goff is 24 years old

 Source: Nielsen Sports Sponsorlink (January - December 2018)

The Patriots boast over 11 million fans.
The Rams have a little over 4 million fans.

Everything about the Rams is younger including their fan base which comes in with 33% in the age range of 18-34.  The Patriots only have 29% of their fan base in that category.

Women make up 48% or the Patriots fans but only 36% of the Rams fans are women.

So did that help at all? Yeah, it didn't for me either.  I am just here for the commercials and the snacks.

I am thinking of doing a nacho bar for the big day.  Imagine a slowcooker of cheese dip, a slowcooker of taco beef and one more with taco seasoned shredded chicken......ok that's a good start
Mt. Olive® Jalapeno Slices - 12oz - image 1 of 1Daisy Pure & Natural Sour Cream - 16oz - image 1 of 4
Bush's® Black Beans - 15oz - image 1 of 1Image result for sliced tomato


Then tortilla chips, black olives, jalapeno slices, sour cream, sliced tomato, black beans, tomatoes and green onions will be available for making the nachos your own.

I could eat nachos any day of the week so I am looking forward to it.

Then we will need a little something sweet to finish the day.

I think I am going to do a pound cake or an angel food cake with mixed berries.

What's on your menu?

I hope to get out and scout some fun prizes for our commercial bingo game.

Whoever you are cheering for.....I hope your team wins! Wish me luck in conquering the Nacho bar.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment