Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Blank Space No More!

I may have quarantined harder than your average gal.  I have spent so many hours in this house now.....but you know what?  It's been good for me.  Before now, I was literally waking up, spending most of the day at work, doing a variety of things every evening and then going to sleep.  Now I have spent a lot of waking hours here.  I have learned to appreciate things about my home that I just didn't pay much attention to before.  I have discovered things I need to do better - yes, baseboards I am talking about you.  I have also found a few little areas and ways to spruce up a spot or two.  I've got several posts coming up....stay tuned.

Today, I wanted to show you our powder room. It is funny.  This room probably gets the most compliments of any room in the house.  Everyone who visits here and takes a spin through the powder room loves it.  I can say this without bragging because I didn't pick out anything in there.  The nice folks who built this house get all the credit.  We just get to enjoy it.

Here is the room

It has this pretty tile floor and the vanity created from an antique dresser.  Anyway, people like it in here and I thought I would capitalize on the one blank wall in the room.

For my birthday in May I asked for these

Initial Image
10 Piece Gallery Wall Frame Set
I got the white, charcoal gray, rustic gray set.  I wanted to do a gallery wall but not of photos.

I selected 10 of my favorite scriptures, worship lyrics and inspirational sayings. My resident artist created 8 of them for me, one I already had and the other I ordered.  The neat thing is the frames come with this layout.  I just used painters tape to attach it to the wall and nailed the nails in through the guide.  I then removed the guide and hung all the frames.  It ensures the frames are perfectly spaced without all the measuring and calculating.


Here are all the frames hung in place



And now when you walk into this fun little powder room, there's a little inspiration waiting for you there.....



Here's a few of them close up so you can see them a little better




I am blessed to have a built in artist here who can make these ideas I have come to life.  You could also find small photos of things you love or feel free to reach out to her if you want something of your own created.  Just let me know and I will put you in touch with her.

I am so pleased with the way this turned out.  I can't wait to have people over again and I hope they all need to powder their nose.

See you back on Friday!




1 comment: