Friday, June 12, 2020

Summer Trunk Club

It may be sad how excited I am about putting on real clothes and going out into the world.  I have a new appreciation for the simple pleasure of picking out some earrings to go with a cute shirt and some new sandals.  I also have a new perspective on exactly how many clothes I need to own.  I will admit it, sometimes I buy a pair of jeans because they are a super good price and sometimes I may order another pair of brown sandals because they are on a really good sale.

But NOW I really only want to focus on having things that I really love.  Don't get me wrong, I still want to own them at a good price, but I don't want to own them simply because they are a good price.

For that reason, when they sent my prospective items for my summer trunk, I declined a few of them because I knew I wouldn't love them.  But because I use the trunk experience to stretch myself, I accepted anything I was on the fence about.  After all, this is all about trying things someone else selected for me.

Here's what came in the trunk and how I felt about them

 These jeans are Kut from the Kloth, a brand I really love.  They are a super cute cut and I love the rolled hem.
Jeans and Top

I am wearing them with this red peplum top.  I really liked both of these items.  But the jean section of my closet forced a veto on the jeans.  But the red top made the cut.
The jeans are currently on sale for under $65 and the top is on sale for under $45.  Unfortunately, I only found the top in black to link here.  

I also got this floral top with tie sleeves
Floral Tie Sleeve Blouse
Good news....it is 40% off right now.




Then these white jeans.
White Jeans and Striped top

Now these had a chance because I actually need a pair of white jeans.  And these were nice.  I loved the fabric.....but all the sweet heat bbq chips and loaves of bread I have consumed, vetoed these.  I am beyond buying clothes to lose a few pounds in order to wear them.  Not that I wouldn't like to lose a few pounds, but my only goal can't be to wear these jeans.....so they went back.  As did the top because literally the day I opened my trunk, I was wearing a top exactly like this in a yellow stripe.....so I didn't keep it.  But it is a great top....speaking from experience and it comes in several color options.


This is a fun little skirt and cute with the puff sleeved top.
Skirt and Top


Both of these are moderately priced and would be fun to own. This little outfit is exactly why I do the whole Nordstrom Trunk thing.  I would never have picked this out on my own.....but I loved it.  The skirt was super comfortable (it has pockets) and just a fun style.  I am so glad this was sent to me.  It was by far my favorite piece. And the top is a simple little navy knit top that I also loved. When I pulled the link it was very limited so if you are interested in it.....go quickly.

Well thanks for coming along for my try on session.  If you are interested in trying a Trunk, click here.  Remember, you select how often they come and the price point and styles you are interested in.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.






No comments:

Post a Comment