Monday, June 15, 2020

May Book Review

Welcome to the Book Review of the month.  I have a great variety for you a little historical fiction, a complete chick-lit, a very dramatic drama and then a good basic.  Hopefully, you will find something you might like.

First up, a little historical fiction.


A More Perfect Union: A Novel (The Midwife Book 3)


A Perfect Union by Jodi Daynard. I am a fan of historical fiction but this one was just okay for me.  If I were at someone's home and this was in the guestroom, I would totally read it and enjoy it.  All I am saying is you may not be blown away by it.

Then I read the sequel to The Secret Book & Scone Society



The Whispered Word by Ellery Adams.  A group of good lady friends encounters a new person in their town. They work on befriending her and helping her get settled, but there's a lot of other things going on in town....like a suspicious business opening and a murder.  The ladies band together and figure everything out.  An enjoyable read.

This next one was interesting



Call Your Daughter Home by Deb Spera. There are so many characters in this one.  Including a mom who is sick of being beaten and mistreated by her husband.  A servant who has literally seen it all, but still has the biggest heart.  And a well to do family that harbors the secret that will not only tear them all apart.....but would also bring them together.

Now buckle in for this next one



The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson.  This is the second in this series.   The first one is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  Now remember this is not for the faint of heart.  There's tons of hard topics, bad language and lots of bad behavior.  The story is so well written and I was engaged from page one til the very end.  There is one more in this series and I am definitely going to read it.  I just need to take a brief emotional break.

I hope one of those sounds good to you!  Happy reading.

1 comment:

  1. I have read all of the Stieg Larsson books in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. You are right, they are so good. But, I’m like you, I have to take a break after reading one.

    ReplyDelete