Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Cookbooks and Recipes to Try

I have mentioned before that I read a cookbook like a novel.  I enjoy sifting through the pages and deciding new ones to try.  This is the new Joanna Gaines cookbook that my girls gifted me for Mother's Day

Magnolia Table, Volume 2

We have loved making so many things from the first cookbook.  This second volume is just as good.
We cooked up this pasta dish



It was supposed to have some fancy pasta, but that was not on the pandemic grocery shelves, so we just used good old fashioned spaghetti.  To say this was delicious would be an absolute understatement.  My goodness was it good.  A great sauce, pancetta and peas......so good.

The newest Pioneer Woman Cookbook is also a great one
The New Fontier
There are so many good recipes in the book and so many pictures.  She did a picture of just about every step not just the finished product.  We made this for breakfast




It is her Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole.....there's frozen tater tots, sausage, cheese and all kinds of other goodness.  The good news is you can assemble it the night before.  I put it in the oven while we watched virtual church and it was hot and ready for our post service brunch.  I will definitely be making this one again.

This last cookbook, I think I have shown you before.....but I absolutely love it
A Place at the Table
Even if  you don't cook you would enjoy this book.  It has wonderful stories all throughout.  If you do cook, you'll be glad because it has some really good recipes too.  We made this





It is a Mexican dip that you serve with tortilla chips.  The base of this is cream cheese.....enough said....what can wrong when you start with cream cheese? Add in some green chiles, ground beef and other great deliciousness and you have a real winner.

Love all three of these books and the dishes we are cooking up from them.

If you are cooking more these days, give one of these or all of these books a try.



No comments:

Post a Comment