Wednesday, July 29, 2020

If Walls Could Talk.....

We've all heard the expression....if walls could talk....well maybe they do.  I have said before I am a huge word person which, of course, is why I enjoy a good book and detest a bad one.  I also really like word art because it is good way to put out a positive message.

So what are your walls saying about you?  Lots of my walls are saying....zzzzzzzzzz (totally boring).  But a few walls are speaking exactly like I want them to.

Here is a canvas I had made for our bedroom




It is kind of the hinge-pin of marriage, right and we thought it would always be a good reminder to us.

I used this company Great Big Canvas. You can create a canvas in the size and color you want with any wording you want.  So if you have a favorite scripture or quote it is a good way to get that done for your walls.

This is what we call our memory wall.


It is in our breakfast area.  It also has a scripture canvas.  We decided on this scripture as a family and had it made.  We also have several momentos from different trips - a photo from Hawaii, a cross from Italy, a wooden G from Magnolia in Waco, a starfish from Nantucket.  I also have a painted pictures of a couple of cows in honor of my dad.  He always raised cows as I was growing up and I spent a many a day in the pasture with him.  It always gives me a smile when I see those cows.  The tree is for my mom because she loves trees and can always spot an unusual one or pretty one.  I have to say I don't notice enough, but I am always amazed when she says look at that tree and sure enough it is a beautiful creation that I almost missed.  And my resident artist painted the simple grace we all grew up saying on a canvas for me. This has been a fun wall to add to.

I shared with you guys here about the inspirational wall we did in the hall bathroom



And I found this sign at Sugarboo and Co. and it is what we see as we exit our house every day.

It may be hard to read in the picture, but it says "Your day will go the way the corners of your mouth turn". I thought it was perfect to read going in and out of our house.

See you back on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment