Wednesday, July 22, 2020

My Latest Netflix

I am a bit of a multitasker.  I am watching or listening to something while cooking, cleaning the kitchen, folding laundry, writing blog posts......So I have spent quite a bit of time with Netflix.  It is challenging though because I do hate bad entertainment.  And then if I start watching something bad it still shows up in my "continue watching" section. I can't tell you how much that annoys me.  So if anyone knows how to fix that, please let me know.

But here are some shows I started and actually liked
First up

The Boy who Harnessed the Wind' is memorizing and worthwhile – Tribal  Tribune

This is an absolutely beautiful story.  Of course, it is based on a true story which makes it even more intense.  We watched this as a family and it was so good.  It is a movie so you don't have to get invested in multiple episodes.  Highly, highly recommend this one.

Next up

The Stranger | Netflix Official Site

The Stranger.  Now this one is suspenseful and does involve several episodes.  The writers of this should be crowned the king and queens of cliff hangers.  At the end of every episode I wanted to immediately watch the next one.  I was literally guessing all the way through.  I watched this one solo.  There is nothing too graphic in it but it is slightly dark and does have some violence in it, but no more than a Law or Order show.  I enjoyed this series.

On a much lighter note

The Single Wives - Home | Facebook

This is an Australian Show about four ladies who are either divorced or widowed and looking for new love.  I watched this one solo too.  But it turns out that it was not very grabby, overly physical.  I cannot watch most dating shows.  Two thumbs up to Australia for having a reasonable about of decorum in producing a dating show.  I was invested in these ladies and cheered for some of them and cringed at one of them.  I was definitely interested right through to the last episode.....and a little surprised by the conclusion which is also good.

This next one may be my favorite

Say I Do season 1 review - be ready to be swooned | Ready Steady Cut

These are all couples that have some interesting history together.  They are thrown a surprise wedding by these three
TV Roundup: Netflix Announces 'Say I Do' Premiere Date (Watch) - Variety

That's Jeremiah Brent who takes care of the venue and decor, Thai Nguyen who takes care of the attire and Chef Gabriele Bertaccini who takes care of the food.  The stories are so personal and they make the ceremonies very specialized to the couple.  Fair warning, if you are a crier you might want to get some kleenex ready with your popcorn.  These are such touching stories.  We are only up to episode 5 in this one but I don't mind it being in my "continue to watch" section.....because I actually plan to finish it.
I do love a sweet love story.

Send me suggestions.....I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment