Monday, July 13, 2020

Kitchen Product

I have all kinds of little fix-up projects going on.  I have spent the last 17 weeks bonding hard with my house.  And I figured out there were a few things I could do, relatively inexpensively, to make things a little nicer.

I have these built in spice cabinets. They are nice.  They are convenient and I do own quite a few spices.  Here's a look at the cabinet in its before state









Here's the thing.....I shop on sale.  So sometimes the round jars are on sale.  Sometimes the rectangular tins are on sale.  The end result is all manners of different shapes and sizes of spice containers which makes pulling them in and out a bit like working a jigsaw puzzle.

So I ordered these from Amazon

Aozita 24 Pcs Glass Spice Jars/Bottles - 4oz Empty Square Spice Containers with 612 Spice Labels - Shaker Lids and Airtight Metal Caps - Silicone Collapsible Funnel Included
Aozita Glass Jars
There are 24  jars with the accompanying labels.  I wanted to give them a spin first before I ordered multiple sets. I washed all the jars and lids and left them to dry for a day on the counter and then I went to work filling them.

Here's all the jars filled and ready




They come with a nice little black round label for the lids and a clear label for the side of the jar.

Here they are all tucked back into the cabinet.









Literally I have so much room now.  The uniform jars make all the difference.
Plus now that all the jars are clear, I can actually see how much of each I have left.





Apparently, I need more Thyme.....ha! ha! yes, I could always use more thyme. :)

If you have ever thought about redoing your spices.....go for it.  It felt so good to get all of this done.  I may order one more set because I do have a basket in the pantry with 'extra' spices.  I might actually be able to eliminate the need for that.

Happy organizing, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment