Monday, June 5, 2017

May Book Review and Intentional wrap-up

May is really something isn't it?  I don't know what happens but it is a really busy month for us.  But I did manage to get through two books this month.

First up,

Apparently, this is quite a series.  I am sure it helps to start at the beginning but I didn't.  A friend of mine handed me three of these and asked if I wanted to try them.  Why, yes, of course.  I was probably missing some of the back story but I didn't know it - I felt like I picked right up with the story line and the characters.
It is all about a young lady who has taken up being a bounty hunter but has terrible luck and even less training.  I don't know what she was in books 1-7 but I feel like this may be a new line of work for her.  There is mis-step after mishap.  She is tasked with finding a young girl and her mom who have taken off when the parents get divorced.   There is sarcasm which I love and I really enjoyed the humor the author inserted.  Up until about the last one third of the book I was going to go with a PG-13 rating but.......that last section took it to an R.  It is a little more than  you would experience in a 9:00 TV show so you be the judge.
I will eventually read the others but I will give my visualization skills a little rest for now.


The second book I read was

This one is about 3 ladies who take off to Nantucket for the summer.  This would all be well and fine if they were just going for a nice visit but they are each escaping or trying to escape three very different problems.  Over the summer they discover a lot about each other and themselves.  It is a great story. And, of course, I love the whole Nantuket vibe so I was bought in with these ladies from page 1.

Hope you are reading some good ones!

And here's how I wrapped up this month being intentional.....


I hope you had a successful month as well.  If you did one thing, I say that is a win.  Afterall, had you not been intentional you might have missed accomplishing that.  Now if you didn't get on board with us this year, no worries.....we intentionally don't judge here!!!


The winners from last week's giveaway are:

Teresa F. won the large tote!!!
Melanie A. won the clutch!!!
Congratulations, girls!

Talk to you on Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment