Monday, June 19, 2017

Popsicle Season!!!

My kids think it is weird that I actually think Popsicle Season is a thing.  But it totally is.   I mean we eat ice cream all year long. Shout out to Blue Bell!!! But popsicles seem more of a summer thing.  I guess because I grew up with my mom standing in the door way with a big box in her hand passing them out to my brother, me and the 10 kids who were over at our house playing.  We were always the house where kids gathered.....probably for three reasons 1) my mom was a school teacher so she was home all summer with us, 2) we weren't allowed to go to anyone's house if their parents weren't home and 3) she stood in the door and handed us popsicles.

Anyway, everyone would plop down in a shady spot and enjoy. So when it starts getting hot like this I always think "It is popsicle season!!!!!"

Now I am not  a popsicle snob.  I will eat a freeze pop, a strawberry shortcake, a rocket pop, a dreamsicle.....you name it.  But a couple of summers ago I found these

Outshine® Peach Package

Jiminey the Cricket.....these are so good.  I couldn't decide the first time I bought them so I picked up the peach shown above and the mango.  It was at least 90 degrees that day and so I ate one on the way home from the grocery store.  The UPS guy, who should write me personal thank you notes for his job security, was at my house and I was so pumped about these I was like hey you gotta try these Popsicles I just bought.  I am sure the rest of his route was much more enjoyable.

Now I can't give blanket approval on these but here are the favorite flavors we have tried (in order of favorite ranking):
Outshine® Peach Package

Outshine® Mango Package

Outshine® Creamy Coconut Package

Outshine® Strawberry Package

Let me just make an extra comment on the coconut ones.  They have actual coconut flakes in them.  I am not a huge coconut fan.  Like I would never buy a mounds bar but these are so good.

The only ones that I tried that I did not care for were:

Outshine® Lime Package

They also make a line of yogurt bars
Outshine® Peach Package

I did not love these.  I would not have given this to the UPS guy.

But look those others are super good.  I think pretty much every grocery store carries them.  I have never had difficulty finding them anywhere.

Give them a try and let me be the first to wish you a very happy Popsicle Season!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment