Monday, October 2, 2017

Another good shopping location

Welcome to Monday, girls.  I hope you had a great weekend.  I mentioned  to my friend Karen that I would be in Birmingham briefly this weekend.  She mentioned to me that I should check out this store on 18th Street called Alabama Goods.  This is a super cute store that features products made in Alabama.  There is a little bit of everything jewelry, candles, artwork, pottery, food items and so much more.  We had such a good time browsing around and finding treasures.  If you have weddings, birthdays or even some Christmas shopping to do,  I highly recommend a trip.  If a trip is out of the question, you are in luck.....you can shop online.

Here a a few of the things I picked up




Those are carpet coasters.  They had so many different colors in the state shape.  The helmets were in Auburn colors which is what I needed and they also have an elephant in Alabama colors.  First these are great gifts for sports fans but I also think the state shape is good for Alabamians who may have relocated to different areas of the world or a college student who is attending school out of state.  The price makes it a gift you can buy in multiples....4 coasters for $9.99.

The necklace pictured is a smashed penny with BLESSED stamped on it,  and I am always adding to my cross collection.  The cross pictured is by Prodigal Pottery.  These pieces support women who are fleeing dosmetic violence.  Not only will I enjoy the beautiful cross but it will also serve as a good reminder to pray for women in this situation whenever I see it.

18th Street has lots of boutiques and shops.  Find yourself a Saturday and make a day of it.  We only had about an hour and a half so we couldn't hit them all. But it is screaming retail potential.

I did hit one other store called At Home.  Ok this one is huge.  They have lots of home decor items at all kinds of price points, jewelry and accessories.  I found this candle stick



We are always burning a Bath and Body 3 wick candle and I thought this little chubby candle stick would be perfect for it.  I am securing it to the stop with this



I ordered it from Amazon and it pretty much keeps things from sliding about.

A big thanks to Karen for sharing a great shopping opportunity with me.  I already know I will be making a return trip.

I hope  you have a great week!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment