Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Envelope Pillows

I know I have mentioned before how I kind of love pillows.  Well I cleaned out some closets and storage areas this weekend and found all kinds of things.  At one point I found some pillows.  I have to be honest with  you, I don't remember buying them, I don't remember using them and I don't know quite why I have them.  I asked my family if they thought perhaps I was a sleep walker and bought things in my sleep.  They quickly dismissed the idea by saying something to the effect that I don't move that much when I am awake and not at all when asleep so apparently I just own too many pillows.

Please tell me I am not the only one this happens to.  I do hope at least of couple of you have run into things in the back of a closet that you can't quite recall their origin.

Well anyway remember we are in the process of redecorating our guest bedroom.  I mentioned a bit about it in my post about my friend Katy. She has come up with so many fun colors and ideas for the room.  We are waiting on a chair to come back from the upholsterer to finish up the room.  But in the meantime Katy approved this fabric for me to do a couple of accent pillows.  Thankfully these mystery pillows are just the right thing for covering.

Here is a look at the mystery pillows:

I decided to go with my standard envelope pillow cover.  I like this one because it is super simple, it has no zippers or closures and it is easy to undo if I ever want to change these again.

All you need to do is cut your fabric leaving about an inch on either side and enough fabric to come around the pillow and overlap about 4-5 inches.







Then you simple finish the shorter ends of your fabric by folding the edge over twice to the wrong side and stitching down.



Now you fold the fabric ( right sides together).  You want to bring one end a little over half way up.



Then fold the other end over overlapping


Now simple sew down each unfinished side.

Once that is complete you can simply flip the pillow cover inside out so your finished side is now showing.

You then stuff you pillow in the flap.


And the pillow is done


I repeated the process for pillow number two.


By the way, if you don't sew, these covers are easy to do with liquid stitch.  

It is a fabric glue that  you can use instead of sewing.

Stay tuned.  As soon as Katy is finished with the room, we will show you how we used these in the newly redecorated room.

Ok, I have two more areas in my house to clean out.  I can't wait to see what I own and don't remember in there.

Talk to you in a couple of days.




1 comment: