Friday, October 12, 2018

Fall Table Decor (Part 2)

Welcome back.....are you ready for more fall table decor?  Well great.....because that is absolutely what we have today. If you missed part one, have no fear just click here.

Today our first table is from my friend Janet.  Janet totally rocked at this.  She did several centerpieces using the same basics but then just added things, switcherooed....and made new magic.  Here is her first look where she really went for height and symmetry....love


Then she went a little lower by removing the candle holders and adding a different floral


Then some of the candles returned and the grasses showed up.


The last look incorporated this beautiful gourd in the center

How cool are all those looks.  Janet said her table kept changing and I just loved that she took us along for the ride.  I can't pick a favorite....love them all

I also snuck downstairs to my mom's kitchen and got a few pictures of her table

She, unlike me, commits completely.  See she actually has fall plates.


And her amber tumblers and gold flatware seal the deal.


I remember growing up with full holiday tables. Whatever the season, she is 100% in.  I am glad nothing has changed.  She's totally responsible for my love of and embracing of every holiday that comes along.  Good job, Mom!!!


Now on to my friend Kim......before we see her table check out her fireplace

I love the mix of the orange and white pumpkins.

Here is a close up of the mantle

Just beautiful......


And look at the gorgeous colors she used on her table


It is like elegant, classy, subdued fall.  I love the height variance she achieved with both the candle holders and the pumpkins.  You know what I need?......some pine cones.  I always love them in decor and yet I have none.  Thanks, Kim, you have given me decor envy and yet another reason to shop!  Well done.

This next table is from our youngest participant, Taylor.  She is the blessed new owner of a beautiful custom built home.  They literally just moved in this week AND they built their table, decorated it and sent in some pictures.  I know.....youth!  Check out this lovely decor

I am in love with her color palette.  In love.  Just look at these plates and that napkin ring


The metallic spheres are that perfect unexpected touch that makes this divine


Taylor, wishing you and your sweet family many wonderful holidays in your new home.  Thanks so much for inviting all of us in the first week!

Next up, is my good friend Denise.

I was totally distracted when she sent me these because I thought her actual table was gorgeous.  And then I looked at the decor and was even more impressed.


I love the grasses in the middle and the drama and height 


And she really took her pumpkins and foiliage to each end of the table.  No matter where you sit at this table, you will enjoy some good fall decor.
Who wants to go to Denise's house for some mulled cider?  Me..Me..Me!!!


Oh and I told you guys I would show you my table with the velvet pumpkins I made.  If you missed the making of the pumpkins click here.  And here is how I put them together on the dining room table


I used a William Sonoma tablecloth I have had for years, my basic china (sorry mom), some green napkins under each plate and tiny faux acorns on each plate


I also clustered the candle holders with the acorns and used some wooden block candle holders to elevate some of the pumpkins

Here is a close up of the acorns on each plate.  I found a whole bag of them at Art & Soul on Whitesburg Drive.


A huge thank you to today's ladies - Janet, Mom, Kim and Taylor and Denise.

And thanks to you for checking in with me here on the blog.  I hope you have a great weekend.
It should be a great one because this

 is our first seven day forecast with mostly 70's!!!!

Of course, sending big prayers to all those who were affected by the hurricane.  Unbelievable damage and clean up. All the best to the multitude of folks in the path and prayers for all the crews there to help out with it all.



No comments:

Post a Comment