Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Fall Table Decor (Part I)

I feel like you guys get tired of hearing from just me.....so I asked several friends to share their fall table decor here on the blog......and you know what???? They said yes! So today is part one of some of my talented friends giving all of us a peek at how they do fall table decor.  Are you excited....I am!!!

First up, my sweet friend Melanie was one of the first to respond.  I was impressed that she already had it all together and was able to just snap some quick photos and send them to me. Take a look at her table

Yes, I definitely want to eat here.


I love the mix of plates and the candle variety giving the varying heights.  These are the things that bring interest....and that sweet little turkey guy sure doesn't hurt.

But here was one of my favorite things about her table.....the striped runner over the floral table cloth.  I've already told her I am borrowing this idea.  She obviously has an eye for pattern mixing.


 And she completed the room with continued fall decor on the buffet in the room.


Excellent job, Melanie!!!!

Next up, we have a table that is done with what I would call a dramatic heirloom piece.  I can only imagine that when every family member who has dined at this table thinks of this time of year they think of this beautiful piece


This is Ann T.'s beautiful table.  When she sent me this picture I said tell me all about that Turkey.  She found him several years ago at a shop in Fayetteville.  He is about 17 inches tall and resin. Here is a close up of the big guy


 You know what I love about this?  She bought it and has enjoyed it for years.  I would have seen this and thought - oh that would be fun to have and then talked myself out of it.  But not Ann.  She committed to it and now has had several years of enjoyment from owning it.  I absolutely love it and the classic taper candles.....just perfect.  I also love that she added the decor to the mirror in the room.  Ann, you have inspired me.....if I ever run into a great piece like this....I am taking it home with me.  Love your table!!!

My sweet cousin Juana also shared some photos of her fall decor with us.
She put together this fun fall arrangement for her table.


It is absolutely brimming with fall florals and leaves.


And here is my favorite part of hers......words.  I do love the incorporation of some meaningful words woven into decor.  I think this picture really sums up where her heart is


She also did a little decor in her entry way


She shared with me the whole thing was a family affair......her husband made the table and wooden box, she did some stenciling and her younger daughter did the writing.  It turned out just lovely and all the more special because of all the hands that helped make it possible.

And now look how cute my friend Lindsay's table turned out

Now take a closer look

Here is the thing.  When Lindsay and I started talking about her table she said this vine appeared at the very back of their yard.  She remembered thinking that it was a pumpkin or squash vine.  They just left it alone and it produced these tiny little pumpkins.  What? Who else would have a magic pumpkin vine at their house......only Lindsay!!! She said they got over 36 pumpkins.  I just think that it incredible.  They are just the cutest family and you can read about them on Lindsay's blog.  But just be prepared for tons of cuteness and creativity.  She rocks!!!


To wrap up today, I am going to show a little something I put together on my kitchen table


I bought my wooden box at a craft show


I just used some burlap I had on hand, filled my box with whole coffee beans, nestled in a few candles and pumpkins.  Some of the pumpkins are artificial and from the dollar spot at Target.  I mixed in a few mini- real pumpkins too.


I hope you found a few or half dozen things to inspire what  you want to do in your home this fall season.  

A huge thank you to Melanie, Ann, Juana and Lindsay for sharing their creations with us.  Come back on Friday and see round two of more great table inspirations.

See you then.



No comments:

Post a Comment