Monday, January 14, 2019

December Book Review

I read quite a variety last month.  I have to say I quite enjoyed them all.  Here's a quick review:
First up, just a good basic read.  It is not light reading because it does have a few tough topics but a fairly quick read



All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffin. Nina is from a small town, middle class family.  She marries into Nashville's elite.  She adapts quickly and well into the elite social scene.  Until.....her son is caught up in a provocative photo taken at a teen party.  Now Nina has to decide if her new life is worth sacrificing her true heart, her upbringing, her conscience.  It is a good, interesting read.  Not life changing but definitely entertaining.

And if you just need a good clean read free from suspense but still good, this one is for you



Last One Home by Debbie Macomber. Three sisters have grown up and gone their separate ways.  One sister who is known as the dad's favorite chose a very wrong and hard path.  Misunderstanding and assumptions cloud their relationships.  Now they all have to figure out if they can mend fences, forgive and move forward.  I enjoyed this one. Sometimes you just need to read something engaging but not heart pounding.

So you may want to save the one above to read after this one.  Because this one is intense



Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell. What happens when your 15 year old daughter leaves the house to study and never returns......well your whole life changes, the whole family changes, the whole world is different.  This story starts there but oh my where it ends was so very unexpected.  This is one I couldn't wait until time permitted to get back to.  I was seriously trying to figure it out the whole way through but I didn't. I couldn't.  I usually don't read books about children disappearing for obvious reasons.  I wasn't sure I would finish this one, but I couldn't stop once I got started.  Read this one.  I think you will like it.

This last one was just as good. I had to keep reminding myself that it was not a true story.  It is, however, based on a photo that appeared in the newspaper in 1948



Sold on a Monday by Kristina McMorris. A photographer captures a photo of two kids beside a For Sale sign......when this hits the papers a whole series of events, some very unintentional are kicked off.  When you accidentally ruin someone's life is there really anything you can do to make up for it?  Well the duo in this book certainly give it a try.  This book has a little of everything poverty, wealth, the mafia, romance and heart break.  It was a very engaging story and I enjoyed it tremendously.

All in all it was a very good reading month.  I honestly don't think you would be disappointed with any of them.  But if you only read one of them.....I'd highly recommend Then She was Gone.....but read them all.  They are worth it!

Have an absolutely wonderful week! Talk to you on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment