Monday, January 7, 2019

Surrendering - A year of Prayer


You all know I love a good word for the year.  I can lose focus.  I get sidetracked and therefore fairly ineffective, so a word to keep coming back to helps me stay grounded and on the right track.  Last year we were INTENTIONAL and focused on doing some very intentional things to appreciate and encourage others.  

Over the holidays I was reflecting on the year and watching all the "look back" shows the networks like to do this time of year and I was struck by all the hard things that happened.  Yes, lots of good things happened, but here is the story that brought me to my knees.......a 9 year old girl commits suicide....I am still not over it.  It rocks me every time I think of it.  What is going on in this world when a 9 year old child can even carry out a suicide attempt.....but even more importantly when a child thinks this is their only solution?  I was moved to SURRENDERING......not in a give up kind of way but in a we need God in a more than ever kind of way.  Would you join me this year in surrendering a very specific topic each month to God?  A collective focus of prayer.  Here is our schedule for the year


If you want to print the plan and post it somewhere click here for a printable format.

I don't know a better place to start than Salvation.  Would you join me this month in praying for Salvation for the lost in our city, state, country, this world? 

Here is our inspiration verse for the month



I will be praying this month that God will open eyes and soften hearts to receive the salvation He has demonstrated and provided for us all.  I hope you will join me.

If you'd like to print and post the inspiration verses to help remind you of our focused prayer this month just click here for a printable format.

I am excited about us collectively surrendering our cares to our God!

Wishing you a great week.  See you back here on Wednesday.






No comments:

Post a Comment