Monday, January 28, 2019

Snow day????

I don't want to jinx anything but they are talking pretty confidently about a little snow on Tuesday.  So I thought today we should just fantasize about what we might do.....just in case.....we should be mentally prepared......and snack prepared!


One of my favorite things to do on an unexpected day home is organize a closet, a cupboard, a pantry or something of the sorts.....well due to other circumstances, we are at this present moment fairly organized and clutter free.....so what else to do.....well

I have a hand knitting project and a chalk paint project waiting in the wings.....so there's a possibility.  But for sure I may spend some quality time with Netflix.

Have you guys watched Tidying up with Marie Kondo?
Image result for marie kondo images

Click here for the Netflix trailer.  I am loving this show.  It is not hoarders.....thankfully.  But it is just your basic people, holding on to too much, not being sure of how to best manage it and just run of the mill chaos.  I find it quite interesting and entertaining.

I've also been watching
Image result for the great interior design challenge

Essentially three designers are given a room to decorate.  The designer with the best design each episode moves on in the competition.  It reminds me a lot of a show that would have been on HGTV back in the good old days......Hello, HGTV, we would love some real design shows back on the network.  I am sure they read this blog.  But until they respond enjoy this show on Netflix.

And I have been watching
Related image

Click here for the trailer.  This is a reality show set in Australia.  Teams compete to see who has the best instant hotel by visiting and staying in each other's establishments.  It has a little "Four Weddings" flair in that each ranks the hotels of their competitors after they stay there.  They are quite a cast of characters.  All are very different and definitely have a different sense of taste and style.  I also find this one really entertaining.

My go to snacks for snowy days are chips and dip, popcorn and something super fun like  or Bugles Original Flavor Crispy Corn Snacks - 14.5oz - image 1 of 1....but  I am trying to snack a little healthier so I've made a little fruit salad with chopped mango, kiwi, pineapple and blueberries.....all drizzled with a little honey.

Trisha Yearwood made this dessert on Saturday morning


The complete recipe can be found by clicking here.  I was inspired by the fruit combination and only made that part for us to snack on.

If you indeed get snow.....enjoy the day.  If you don't get snow, enjoy the day anyway.

Remember this is our last week of January.  Please remember to finish the month strong with our prayer focus.

If you need to be reminded, see the original post by clicking here,

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment