Friday, January 11, 2019

First week of the New Year.....

How's 2019 going so far?  It is tricky isn't it....coming down from all the holiday frenzy, white lights and general cheer.  But it is also a great new beginning - a whole new 12 months are spread before us.  A lot can happen.  A lot will happen.  Here are a few facts about January

January birthstone - Garnet

January flower - Carnation

January is known as one of the best months to find a new job - apparently even companies are feeling the newness of the year and doing more hiring. But maybe don't quit your current one until you land a new one.

January is also known as divorce month - okie dokie then......that was news to me.  But hang in there everyone.

Well don't forget how we are starting our January.  Join us in focused prayer.  If you missed the post just click here to get yourself all caught up.

One of my favorite places to buy shoes is also feeling the need to revitalize with the new year


Ok, they are only moving to the space next door while their store gets a face lift, but they are still having a sale.  I think it might be worth checking out.  Maybe I will see you there.

We have a few mottos going on at our house.....one is "Sensible Shopping".  We may have had a couple of bins of items that we bought over the year that we had no idea why or who we bought them for or in some cases when we even bought them.  So needless to say we made some fairly nice charity donations.  This year we are just trying to be a little more sensible in our shopping.  I have to say we have been doing really good for the last 10 days.......I know it is only 10 days....but you have to celebrate the small things too. However, I also have some obligations to the economy and the UPS guy who needs me to keep him on a stable route.  So here's a few things that were delivered in last 10 days

'Yaz' Wedge Pump,
                        Main,
                        color, GRAPHITE
Fly London Yaz

I am going to be honest.  I was on the fence about this one.....I thought this could go great or not so great.  But you know what I love them.  They are actually super comfortable and very cute.  I got the graphite.  I originally ordered a 39 which is an 8-8.5 but I have since ordered a 38 which is a 7.5-8.  I am a solid size 8 in everything if that gives you an idea about your sizing. It has a lot of lift.  It is a 3 inch heel but has a platform so wears really easily.


Then this was also delivered
Mid Wedge Pump,
                        Main,
                        color, BLACK LUXOR PATENT LEATHER
Fly London Mid Wedge

I got this in a size 38 in the black.  It is much lower only a  2 inch lift. 

Now if you are thinking I don't need to go to another shoe sale.....well that is where you would be wrong.  While I love Nordstrom with their free shipping and free returns, I also want to support locally owned stores like Valley Sole.  See....I am just thinking of others.....what can I say?

See you at the sale.  Have a great weekend.

Monday, we will be talking books.  See you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment