Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Wood is one of my love languages.....

I do love wood....wooden everything.  What can I say, I am drawn to it.  Apparently, those who buy gifts for me are aware of this little wooden love affair....

I received several beautiful wooden items.  I am loving this cutting board in shape of Alabama, the wooden slice with one of my favorite Bible verses, a handmade wooden carved cross and this notepad.


Here is a closeup of the cross


It is several layered pieces of hand carved wood put together to make this beautiful cross. My friend Teresa's husband Keith makes these.  My girls got me this one.  If you are interested in seeing his beautiful woodwork, check out his site here.  While you are there check out Teresa's quilt work.  I packed up my older daughter's t-shirts and mailed them all the way to Texas because I knew Teresa would do a fantabulous job on making a quilt from them......and she did.  Here is a little peek


They are quite the talented pair.....and they are just good, trustworthy people which is very important when you are ordering things on line.


So back to all my wooden treasures.  Here is what I treat them with to keep them well conditioned and looking great.



This is from Home Depot and please note the bottle says "food grade" which is very important when you are putting it on cutting boards, wooden spoons, etc.

Hope you are having a great week!

See you back on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment