Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Freezer is full........

Remember me showing you these books that I got for Christmas


Well I have been working through the Church Supper Cookbook.......

I've made the Creamy Beef Enchiladas

I fortunately had about two tablespoons of the filling left after I filled these two dishes and got a chance to taste.  I cannot wait to pull this out of the freezer to enjoy.  It was delicious.

The Chicken Chili


I do love chili of any kind.  This recipe had a special seasoning mix that you mixed into the beans but also coated the chicken with it......and then baked the chicken.  This was a different twist on how I normally make it, but I followed the recipe to the letter and it turned out great.  It has green chiles, oregano, cumin and lots of tasty goodness.


The Navy Bean and Ham Soup

I always enjoy cooking with dry beans but I gotta tell you, I just laugh every time I read the bag and it says carefully sort the beans.....My daughter was cooking with me and I had to explain to her we had to check for stones and foreign debris.  I must say it is 2019 and I kind of feel like the bean people should have figured this out by now too.  Anyway, the soup has navy beans, ham, carrots and potatoes.  I filled up my containers and had about 1/4 cup left which I had for a little snack.  So very good.  Also excited this is in the freezer.


The Country Winter Soup

This one has smoked sausage, whole kernel corn and kale.  Oh my.... so very good.  I used a smoked turkey sausage to keep it slightly more healthful......Snow me in.......I have soups to eat!

The Jambalaya


This one used boneless, skinless chicken thighs, smoked sausage, tomatoes, celery, green pepper and lots of yummy seasonings.  And bonus.....this one cooked in the slow cooker.  It called for shrimp but I have some folks in the house who don't love shrimp.  When I pull this one from the freezer I may add a little shrimp for those who want it.  

You may have noticed I did one small container along with some larger containers for each batch.  The larger containers will stay here for us to enjoy and the smaller containers are headed to college so a little girl can have some home cooking.


I passed by my freezer and I am pretty sure it was smiling.  

I have like six more recipes already flagged to try.  I am excited that every recipe so far has turned out fantabulous.  

I love a good cookbook.  I read them just like I read any other book.  This one has a fun little blurb with each recipe which made it extra fun.  Fill up your freezer and enjoy a night of defrosting and sitting on the couch under a throw.......living our best lives.....yes ma'am.

See you Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment