Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Bumpy Lumpy Oranges

Have you seen these guys in the grocery store?



They are called Sumo Citrus.  They are a combination of the easy to peel Japanese mandarin and the best oranges of California.  They are such a treat they are often given as gifts between friends in Japan.

 They are seedless.  They easily peel and don't have that thick white membrane.  They are super sweet and have become quite a favorite at our house.  Most places have them for around $3.99 a pound.  

Because they are a little pricey I was afraid to risk my money and then hate them. Fortunately, I was in Publix and they were doing samples.....yep they got me hooked.  

I have been buying them ever since.

The season goes thru April.......so this is your month.  Do yourself a favor and enjoy this last month of Sumo Citrus.......and if you need a gift, I think this is a good one.  I would totally register for these on my bridal registry......don't judge until you give them a try.

Talk to you on Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment