Monday, April 22, 2019

Vacation Gift Bag

We've got a little beach trip coming up.  Both of my girls are graduating this year ....one from high school, the other from college.  It is the high schooler's turn to get a graduation trip with her friends.  So four moms are taking seven girls to the beach following graduation.  We've got a nice beach house rented and it should be fun.

I thought it would also be fun to have a little gift bag on each bed for everyone.  Because....well...why not.....

So I started picking up little things and then I started looking for a little bag for my goodies and I couldn't find one anywhere.  So I decided to just make them

I went to JoAnn's and bought the following supplies

That is a yard and a half of a simple muslin, three spools of 1/4 inch ribbon and some fun beads.

First I folded the fabric to an 11 inch fold and cut across.  Since my fabric was 44 inches wide this kept my measuring to a minimum and made my cutting super easy.


This gave me three strips that were 22 inches wide folded in half for an 11 inch by 36 inch pieces


I simply folded it in half and then in half again.


I then ironed it to form the creases


Then when I unfolded it I knew exactly where to cut


This gave me four 9x22 inches pieces out of each strip.  So enough for 12 bags


Once all the pieces were cut.  I just sewed up each side and made a little pocket to pull the ribbon through.  I just put the ribbon on a safety pin and used the pin to work through the little pocket.  

Which gave me these

I just chose random beads to tie on the ends of the ribbon so the ribbon would not pull out

Then I stuffed them.

The girl's bags each have some hair ties, a mini chap stick and a face mask.  I bought all of these things at Sweet Pineapple on Airport Road.  I went to Target and got some hand sanitizer, a pair of socks and a box of Skittles.  I then added a fun beachy lotion from Bath and Body.

Here they are all tied up and ready for our beach trip


Wouldn't you like to find this on your pillow


I am doing bags for the moms too.  The contents of those bags will be a little different but still along the same lines.  You know.....just little fun treats as a surprise.

On one of my trips I got to stay at the Ritz.  Every night when I got back to the room, they had my bed turned back and a little surprise on my pillow.  I loved it.  It was just a fun thing to look forward to.

If you are going on a trip with friends or family this summer, why not surprise everyone with a little pillow surprise. If you didn't want to make bags, you could buy a clear goody bag at any craft or party store.  You could also leave each treat individually over the course of your trip.  Or you could use a simple paper gift bag.  Just have fun with it and do it your way!

Make it a great Monday and have a great week!!!!

See you back here on Wednesday.





No comments:

Post a Comment