Friday, April 5, 2019

Nail Polish - Research

I have always been too cheap to regularly get my nails done.  Too stingy with my money and my time.  I just don't want to get fenced in to having to go back and back again.  Let's face it a regular manicure just doesn't last long......and the gel, or powder, or acrylic manicures mean you have to keep going back.  Have  you ever tried to take one of those off yourself at home? Uh yeah, that does not work out.

So I decided to try a couple of the "long lasting" nail polish kits.

So here we go.  First let me just start by saying do you all remember this old Army slogan

"In the Army, we do more before 9AM than most people do all day"

Well I just my be considered the Army of hand washing. I am fairly certain I have washed my hands more before 9:00am than most wash all day.

I am 100% sure I beat this guy
Pete Hegseth
Pete Hegseth - Fox News Weekend Anchor

Do you all remember him? He announced on live television that he had not washed his hands in 10 years.  All I can say is how sad is everyone who ever shook his hand, or shared a cookie, or opened a door in the same building as him or borrowed an ink pen or asked him to hand them something.....sad.....very sad.

So all of that to say my nail polish gets a real workout.  I am pretty tough on it. Because unlike Pete I am always washing my hands.

I first tried this

This is the essie gel kit that promises 14 days of wear


I think the color has a weird name.  It is called 'take me to thread' and it is a dusty purple color

Here is day one






Here is day 7


 Very respectable.  Anything that last a week on these hands is a pretty good product.

But that was about it.  I had to remove it.  I can't take the chips and peels.
The good news is though it lasted a good amount of time and it came off super easy with regular nail polish remover.

Then I tried this

This is the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel kit.  It also promises to last up to 14 days.

The color is Make Me Mauve.


This one went on a little easier.  

Here is day one.


Here is Day 7


Here is day 13.....just starting to chip


So I am going to have to remove it now but 13 days.....wowser.  

I would totally use this one again because I will sit and paint my nails every couple of weeks.  That is very doable.

I have a couple of other options I want to try out but right now I am going back to regular old natural nails......back to my no maintenance mode that I love so much!

Have a great weekend......talk to you on Monday.





No comments:

Post a Comment