Monday, April 15, 2019

What a week.....

It is the week leading to Easter and I am hopeful I can really stay focused.....really focused.  My morning devotion yesterday was about betrayal.  Here is the thing - we get ourselves really worked up when a stranger wrongs us.  Just think how upset we can get from someone we don't even know cutting us off in traffic or not letting us merge.  A total stranger on the road can ruin the morning commute.  I mean we can hold on to that  for hours......ok, speaking for myself......sometimes for days or years.  I still look for this guy on the road who I named "angry white truck" because he was so unbelievably rude with his little horn blowing and gesturing.  It was literally 3 years ago and I still remember it.

Now just imagine someone from your inner circle, one of your people, one of your confidants betraying you. Have you ever shared something with someone you felt really close to only to be surprised by their spreading it to others? Or them judging you or criticizing you or jimeny crickets........talking about you behind your back? Families break up over stuff like this.  Sides get chosen.  People refuse to be in the same room. Holiday gatherings can change. Major stuff goes down when people feel forsaken in this manner.

As we go through this week let's try to remember how Jesus must have felt when this exact kind of betrayal happened to Him.....the ultimate betrayal by one of His people, His inner circle.

As we go through this week let's try to remember how Jesus forgave this betrayal.

It is time for me to let "angry white truck" go.  It is time for me to let a lot of stuff go.

What do you really need to forgive? Really let go of?

Walking to the cross this week......forgiving others and fully accepting the forgiveness Christ offers us.

Have a wonderfully blessed week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment