Monday, April 29, 2019

Expert advice for this time of year - Kitchen Edition


So we are entering a busy time of year.....Mother's Day, Weddings, etc.

I have enlisted the help of some folks who I consider experts to help us out.  They are going to help us think of good ideas for Mother's Day.....for you to buy or put on your own list.....and some ideas for great wedding gifts.
Today will be our Kitchen Edition.  Make sure you come back Wednesday for our Home Edition and for sure don't miss Friday's Style Edition.

Should be a fun week.....so let's get started.

This is my friend Meg

Everything that Meg makes is delicious.  I don't mean just good.  I mean 'can I have another serving' good.  People say it is all about cooking with love and I really think that is Meg's secret ingredient.  She actually does everything with love and that is why I am so appreciative to have her as a friend. When I was thinking of someone to give us expert advice on all things kitchen, I knew it had to be her.  Thanks, Meg, for agreeing to share yourself with our blog family.

Here are a few things Meg would suggest for a great Mother's Day gift:
Sound Bar

This is a bluetooth speaker that would allow mom to listen to a podcast or her favorite music while cooking.  There are five color options and the price varies by color.  The good news is they are all under $30.  This one is also splashproof which makes it kitchen perfect.

Meg also suggested some pretty new kitchen towels
Williams Sonoma Multi-Pack Absorbent Towels, Jojoba Yellow
Williams Sonoma Towels

I could not agree more.  I may or may not have an obsession with some pretty kitchen towels. These are turkish cotton and perform beautifully.

If you have a gardener on your list, Meg suggests

Herb Starter Kit

Some of her favorite herbs to grow are rosemary, basil, thyme, spearmint and Italian parsley.  She loves being able to snip off a few mint leaves to garnish desserts or put in iced tea.  It's also a real treat to chop up some fresh basil and add it to her mayo for a homegrown tomato sandwich.  Now that sounds absolutely delicious.

Meg also shared this special note:  If you would like to attract Swallowtail butterflies, have a pot of parsley.  The butterflies lay their eggs on the parsley plant and they hatch into caterpillars.  The caterpillars munch on the leaves before pupating and creating a chrysalis.  When the cocoon matures it splits and releases a beautiful butterfly.   

Well there you go......fresh herbs and beautiful butterflies.  I never knew this but I do want a parsley plant now.

Next  up
Handmade Coffee Mug
These lovely handmade mugs from Etsy.  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do love a good mug.

Finally, for the kitchen a pretty soap and lotion set by the sink
Williams Sonoma Meyer Lemon Soap & Lotion, Classic 3-Piece Set
Meyer Lemon Set

I have to say I agree with Meg and lemon is my favorite kitchen scent.

Now Meg also gave us these ideas for wedding gifts.  Here are the things she thinks  will be great as new homes are getting established.

I have an old home....but I would love these too

John Boos Cutting Board

If you watch as many cooking shows as I do, you have most likely seen all the great chefs chopping on these boards.

Next up, help the new couple stay safe with good cutlery.  We all know that a safe kitchen has the appropriate knives for the work you are attempting.  This is a great place to start

Cutco 9.25 Chef Knife
It is not only a pretty knife.....it is very functional

This next item can and will be used for a plethora of things in the kitchen.  It is a great basic and any new couple would enjoy using it
1/2 Sheet Pan

Who needs a fun place for their salt????.....everyone
Emile Henry 11.2 oz. Salt Pig
Emile Henry Salt Pig
Lastly, lots of people don't even think about this item
Stackable Cooling Rack Set
Pampered Chef Cooling Racks

But we all need them.  Meg found us the perfect little set to help the new couple bake and cool.

Big thanks to you, Meg!!!!! You totally found some great things and gave us some great ideas.

If my family is reading this, please add these things to my wish list.  I have Mother's Day and a birthday coming up....so there you go.


See you all back her on Wednesday for great Home ideas.














No comments:

Post a Comment