Monday, June 17, 2019

Retail workers.....just a thought

Have you ever worked in a retail store?  I know.....it is not for the faint of heart.  The hours are long, the public is interesting to deal with and it can be a tough job.  I get it.  I did it for over 11 years myself.  But here's the thing ....it is so easy to buy just about everything you need on line.  Now we pretty much don't have to actually go to a store to buy anything.  So when customers go to the trouble of driving to your store, finding a parking place and perusing your merchandise....maybe you could graciously even happily check them out.

This weekend I was in a local store and I had two items I wanted to buy.  Mind you I had searched the racks on my own and found these two items.....and I just wanted to pay for them! Like I just need you to put in your employee number and honestly I can probably take it from there.  I have done enough self checkout to scan them, hit total and swipe my card.  But on Saturday, I was the only one in line and literally the clerk told me to find another register.  She then put a "This Register is Closed" sign on the counter.  Really? You couldn't scan these two items and then close your register? Really?????

I could possibly have overlooked this poor customer service because maybe she had an emergency.....maybe she needed to hurry to the restroom.....maybe she needed to call home and check on her kids.....she could have had a true emergency.  But no.....she just caught up with a couple of her friends and enjoyed a little laugh and conversation with them.....all while I was searching for an open register.

So I just wanted to mention, if you are working retail maybe you could actually appreciate the customers coming in.

Now you all know I don't like to talk bad about anyone or particular businesses so allow me to end today with places I usually get GREAT customer service.  Shout out to those who do it well

Publix
The Sweet Pineapple
Nordstom
Chick Fil A
Anthropologie
Valley Sole
Vintage West
Bath and Body Works
Lululemon
Kendra Scott

Focusing on the good today!  Anyone you want to give a shout out to for making it worth your while to shop with them?

Make it a good week. See you back on Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment